Age: 43 Years
Wife: Brigitte Trogneux
Hometown: Amiens, France
|Full Name||Emmanuel Jean-Michel Frédéric Macron|
|Party||Socialist Party (2006-2009)
Le Republique en Marche (2016-present)
|Political Journey||• In 2006, he joined the Socialist Party (PS).
• In 2009, he quit the Socialist Party.
• From 2012 to 2014, he served as deputy secretary-general of the Élysée.
• In 2015, he said that he was now an independent candidate.
• On 26 August 2014, he was appointed the Minister of Economy and Finance in the 2nd Valls Cabinet.
• On 30 August 2016, he resigned from the government ahead of the 2017 presidential election.
• In 2016, he founded his own progressive political movement, En Marche!.
• On 16 November 2016, he formally declared his candidacy for the French presidency.
|Biggest Rival||Marine Le Pen|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 9"
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 73 kg
in Pounds- 161 lbs
|Date of Birth||21 December 1977|
|Age (as of 2020)||43 Years|
|School||Jésuites de la Providence (lycée in Amiens)
élite high school Lycée Henri-IV, Paris, France
|College/University||University of Paris-Ouest Nanterre La Défense, Nanterre, France
Sciences Po (Paris Institute of Political Studies), Paris, France
|Educational Qualifications||A master's degree in public affairs from Sciences Po (Paris Institute of Political Studies) in 2004
DEA Degree in Philosophy from the University of Paris-Ouest Nanterre La Défense
|Debut||In 2006, when he became a member of the Socialist Party (PS)|
|Family||Father- Jean-Michel Macron (Professor of neurology)
Mother- Françoise (Noguès) (a Physician)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Cycling, Playing Tennis, Playing the Piano|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Sexual Orientation||Not Known|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Brigitte Trogneux, High School Teacher (1992-present)
Mathieu Gallet, Radio France CEO (Rumored)
|Wife||Brigitte Trogneux, High School Teacher (m. 2007)
|Children||Daughters- Laurence, Tiphaine (both are step daughters)
Son- Sebastien (step son)
|Salary||$82 million (as in 2016)|
|Net Worth||$245 million (as in 2016)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Emmanuel Macron
- Does Emmanuel Macron smoke:? Not Known
- His father was a Professor of Neurology at the University of Picardy and his mother was a Physician.
- As a boy, Macron preferred spending time with adults instead of kids his own age- having dinners with his teachers, avoiding advances of girls his own age, etc.
- After getting most of his education at the Jésuites de la Providence lycée in Amiens, his parents sent him to the élite high school Lycée Henri-IV in Paris to finish his last year of school.
- It was there at the Jésuites that he first made a public appearance when in May 1993, he appeared in Jean Tardieu’s “La comédie du langage” (The Language of Comedy).
- After getting his master’s degree in public affairs at Sciences Po, he worked as an Inspector of Finances in the French Ministry of Economy from 2004 to 2007.
- Soon, he developed a close bond with a prominent French economic and social theorist, Jacques Attali. It was Attali who played a critical role in Macron’s life that would earn him wealth and increase his grasp of the global financial system.
- In 2007, Macron served as deputy rapporteur for the Commission for improving French economic growth.
- Macron also worked at Rothschild & Cie Banque as an investment banker at a highly-paid position.
- He pushed the French Government through business-friendly reforms as Minister of the Economy.
- He started his political career with the Socialist Party in 2006, became an Independent Candidate in 2015, and founded his own progressive political movement, En Marche! (an independent political party) in 2016.
- He founded his political party, En Marche!, in Amiens, which is the City of his birth.
- In 2014, at the age of 37, Macron became France’s youngest-ever economy minister, replacing Arnaud Montebourg.
- After parting ways with the ruling Socialist Party in 2015, Macron launched his En Marche! (Onward) political movement.
- His wife, Brigitte Macron, is 24 years older to him. She has been his French Literature teacher. Macron met her first when he was only 15 years old and his parents disapproved of the relationship. At that time she was still married to her first husband.
- His parents tried to get him away from Brigitte Macron by sending him to Paris to finish his further studies. However, that didn’t work.
- His wife has 3 children (1 son and 2 daughters) with her first husband. She also has 7 grandchildren and that means Macron is a 39-year old step-grandfather.
- His wife’s Family Makes Millions as Chocolatiers in Amiens and you can order their chocolates online if you live in Europe.
- Some observers have described Macron as Social Liberal while others as a Social Democrat.
- Macron considers her grandmother, Manette, one of his most influential childhood figures. It was Manette who introduced him to leftist ideals and instilled in him a lifelong passion for books.
- Here’s a snippet of Emmanule Macron’s meteoric political rise:
- On 8 June 2021, a man slapped him while Macron was on a visit to a small town in southeastern France. The incident happened in the town of Tain-l’Hermitage where Mr. Macron was greeting the public waiting for him behind barriers after he visited a high school. Later, while talking about the incident, Mr. Macron said,
I’m always going to meet people. Some people express anger, sometimes disarray … that’s legitimate anger, and we will continue to respond. Stupidity and violence, no, not in democracy.”