Some Lesser Know Facts About Faakhir Mehmood
- Does Faakhir Mehmood smoke?: Not Known
- Does Faakhir Mehmood drink alcohol?: Not Known
- While at the University, he met Haroon, along with whom he co-founded the band ‘Awaz.’ Faakhir was a keyboardist for the band.
- ‘Dil Na Lagey, Pakistan’ from his first album ‘Aatish,’ was an instant hit in Pakistan and maintained the number one spot on musical charts before being declared as national song of the year 2000 by a local FM Radio station.
- In the song, ‘Jiya Na Jaye’ from his album ‘Mantra,’ he shared a duet with the Indian singer Sunidhi Chauhan.
- He had won two awards at India’s ‘Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards’ for the song ‘Maahi Ve’ from his album Mantra.
- Pervez Musharraf, the then President of Pakistan, bestowed him with Pride of Performace Award in the year 2007.
- His song, ‘Kabhi Kabhi Pyaar Mein,’ bagged the ‘Best Song Award’ at Lux Style Awards function in 2010.
- Faakhir served as the United Nations Goodwill Ambassador to the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Andrew Cuomo, the then Governor of New York, presented Faakhir, the ‘Influential Asian Award,’ in 2011 as part of the Asian Heritage Week.
- He has also served as the Cultural Ambassador of Pakistan.
- In June 2013, Faakhir opened his multi-label designer accessories store, New York Avenue, at Forum Mall, Karachi.
- His music video for the song ‘Dilruba,’ was shot in Spain and happens to be the most expensive Pakistani video ever made.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡