|Profession(s)||Model, Actress, Journalist|
|Famous Role(s)||• Sharanya in 'Ek Deewaana Tha' (2017)
• Ishika Patel in 'Roop- Mard Ka Naya Swaroop' (2018)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Debut||Web Series: Tia & Raj (2020) as Tia
TV: Airlines (2015) as a journalist
|Awards||• International Iconic Trendsetter of the Year 2021
• 'Perfect Style Icon 2020' award on 31 December 2020
• 'Youth Icon of the Year 2020' at International Iconic Awards 2020 event
|Date of Birth||27 August 1994 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||27 Years|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Donal Bisht's Instagram|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Jai Singh Bisht
Mother- Jasumati Bisht
|Siblings||Brother- Ranjan Bisht
|Car Collection||Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
Some Lesser Known Facts About Donal Bisht
- Donal Bisht is an Indian model and television actress who is known for playing the role of Sharanya in the romance thriller television show Ek Deewana Tha (2017-2018) and Ishika Patel in Roop- Mard Ka Naya Swaroop (2018-2019).
- After completing her education, Donal started working as a journalist for a news channel, and in 2014, she became an anchor for DD National’s music show Chitrahaar. While she was working for the channel, she was offered to take an interview of the Bollywood actress Sonali Bendre after someone noticed her and asked her to come for an audition.
- Donal went to audition for the role of Sita in a show called ‘Siya Ke Ram’ (2015). However, the lines of the script were tough for her, and she couldn’t get in. However, this opportunity got her more calls for auditions, and eventually, she decided to pursue acting and modelling as her career.
- Donal appeared in the StarPlus TV series ‘Airlines- Har Udaan Ek Toofan’ in which she played the role of a journalist. She then began building her modelling portfolio and giving auditions. Soon she was selected to act in Channel V’s show ‘Twist Wala Love’ in 2015. She played the role of Dr. Shelly in the series.
- She got her first big break in 2015 in the television show ‘Kalash- Ek Vishwaas.’ The show aired on Life OK till 2017.
- In 2017, she got her first lead role in Sony TV’s ‘Ek Deewana Tha’ in which she played the double role of Sharanya Bisht and Radhika. She worked with Namik Paul and Vikram Singh Chauhan in the show, and the show aired till 2018.
- From 2018 to 2019, Donal got the opportunity to play the lead role of Ishika Patel in Colors TV’s show, ‘Roop – Mard Ka Naya Swaroop.’
- In 2019, she replaced the Indian TV actress Jasmin Bhasin in the Star Plus show ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ and played the role of Happy Mehra.
- Donal Bisht is a firm believer in astrology, and she believes in tarot card predictions. She once got her reading done from a tarot card reader who told her that she was going to meet someone who would change her life drastically. Donal was excited enough to talk about this in an interview, and she said-
The entire tarot card reading session was quite intriguing, and I was quite amused with some of the predictions. I do believe in fortune telling and I am sure there is something exciting about to happen. It is true that I am currently single and not seeing anyone but now that the reader has predicted an interesting encounter, I am looking forward to it to come true! In fact, everyone has been teasing me by asking me every day if my knight in shining armour has knocked on my door yet or not.”
- Apart from mainstream television series, Donal Bisht has also acted in several web series. In 2020, she was a part of the MX Player exclusive web series ‘Tia & Raj’ as the lead character, Tia. She also worked in the web series The Socho Project (2020) and In Cold Blood (2020).
- In her early days as a model, Donal did photoshoots for several brands like SpiceJet, MTNL, Delhi School of Internet Marketing, and many other brands from different sectors.
- In 2018, Donal Bisht visited Chandigarh with her fellow actor Neil Bhatt, and they visited all the tourist attractions in the city and talked about how they used to come to the city as kids for family trips.
- In 2019, Donal Bisht was featured on the list of The Times of India’s Top 20 Most Desirable Women on TV, and she bagged the eighteenth rank on the list.
- In June 2019, Donal was the showstopper at the Couture Runway Week 2019, and she wore a dress by the fashion designer Amit Talwar at the Couture Runway Week 2019 in Delhi.
- In October 2019, Donal Bisht and actor and producer Vikaas Kalantri hosted the 12th Gold Awards 2019.
- In 2019, Donal Bisht walked the ramp for a ‘Be with Beti’ campaign during the 19th ITA Awards.
- Donal Bisht loves travelling with her friends and family. She loves exploring new cities and countries.
- When she was in school, Donal wanted to become a doctor. However, as she grew up, she decided to switch her field and entered the media sector.
- Donal Bisht follows a strict fitness regime. She starts her day with fresh coconut water and then goes for her workout session in the gym.
- Donal loves visiting beaches, and she has a whole collection of pebbles from different beaches from India and other countries in her home. She has used it as a decorative piece in her house.
- In her high school and college days, Donal had a huge crush on Daniel Radcliff, and she used to collect the cut-outs of his pictures from different magazines and newspapers. In an interview, Donal revealed that she had a huge crush on Ranbir Kapoor, and if possible, she would’ve dated him.
- Donal has a sweet tooth, and she loves all kinds of desserts.
- Donal carries a diary in her bag, which she uses to write little quotes, poems, and shayaris whenever something strikes her mind. She also keeps a calendar in her bag to mark important dates from her schedule.
- On 14 February 2020, Donal revealed the first look of her first music video. She featured in the music video of the song ‘Bepata,’ which is sung by Indian singer and music composer Abhijit Vaghani. The song was released on 20 February 2020.
- In March 2020, on the occasion of Women’s Day, Donal Bisht collaborated with Amruta Fadnavis and acted in the music video of ‘Alag Mera Yeh Rang Hain.’ The song was based on the struggle of an acid attack survivor.
- In May 2020, Donal Bisht featured on the cover of Enlighten India magazine, and she talked about her journey from the beginning with them.
- On 18 September 2020, Suresh Bhanushali and Photofit Music released their song ‘Teri Patli Kamar,’ which was sung by Indian actor and music composer Yash Wadali. The music video has Donal Bisht as the lead performer, along with the Indian actor Krishan Kaul, Sunidhi Chauhan, and Samir Khan.
- Donal Bisht is an animal lover, and she loves horse riding.
- Donal Bisht often visits Dubai for photoshoots and family trips, and in February 2021, she was featured on the cover page of Downtown Mirror Middle East magazine.
- Apart from being a fitness enthusiast, Donal loves sports and adventures. She loves archery, and she loved sky diving in Dubai. She uploaded a vlog of the sky diving experience on her YouTube channel.
- In September 2021, Donal Bisht starred with Abhishek Bajaj in the music video of ‘Kinni Vari,’ which was released under the Zee Music Company label. The song was sung by the Indian playback singer Rakesh Maini.
- On 26 September 2021, the contestants of the Bigg Boss Season 15 were revealed, and Donal Bisht was among those contestants. The show was set to start on 2 October and aired on the Colors TV channel and online streaming application Voot.
- In the initial days of her career, Donal had to face a lot of problems that almost led her to quit her dream, but she somehow pulled through and made a name for herself in the industry. In an interview with Mumbai Mirror, she talked about how she was approached by a filmmaker from the South Indian film industry. She said-
My hunger for acting couldn’t keep me away from the audition for long. It led to another incident when a filmmaker, who was apparently from the south film industry, asked me to sleep with him for a role. I immediately filed a police complaint against the person because I worship my work. Even though the struggle will be a bit more, I was sure that I’ll only make my way into the industry in the right way.”