Age: 37 Years
Father: Abu Asim Azim
|Full Name||Abu Farhan Azmi|
|Profession(s)||Entrepreneur, Restaurateur, Politician|
|Famous For||Being the husband of Ayesha Takia|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||Samajwadi Party
|Political Journey||• 2010: Contested the by-elections from the Bhiwandi (East) Constituency and lost to Shiv Sena candidate Rupesh Mhatre
• 2014: Became State President of the Yuva Cell of the Samajwadi Party
• 2014: Contested the Lok Sabha elections from North Mumbai Constituency but lost the elections
• 2018: Resigned from the post of the State President of the Yuva Cell of the Samajwadi Party
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Award for Retail Excellence for his brand “The Good Life Company” (2019)
• The Guide Award for Best New Vegetarian Restaurant for his restaurant Madras Diaries (2019)
|Date of Birth||21 February 1982 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Scholar High School, Colaba, Mumbai|
|College/University||• Jai Hind College, Mumbai
• Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Swimming, Shopping|
|Controversies||• Farhan Azmi was deeply criticised in the media when he lashed out over a tweet by actress, Esha Gupta. Reportedly, Esha commented on his father, Abu Azmi’s controversial statement, which stated that women themselves were responsible for their molestation. Abu made this statement in context of the mass molestation incident in Bengaluru on the New Year’s Eve.
• In January 2017, Farhan made a controversial remark during a public rally at the Nagpada Junction, Mumbai. While addressing the public, Azmi said, “different political parties have used Muslims as condoms.” His comment received heavy criticism from the Muslim leaders.
• In 2017, Farhan received death threats from a Hindu extremist organisation for marrying a Hindu girl while himself being a Muslim. They called it an act of Love Jihad. The callers even threatened him of planting bombs in his house, office, and vehicles. Surprisingly, the threats came after eight years of his marriage to Ayesha Takia. Farhan filed an FIR in the Colaba Police Station against a Rajasthan Hindu activist group for making the calls.
• Farhan landed into controversy for his net worth that became four times in the span of four years. Apparently, he revealed his net worth Rs. 16 crores during the 2010 Bhiwandi by-elections, which later became Rs. 64 crores when he contested the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
• The actor was also involved in a legal battle with his business partner, Kashiff Khan, over their restaurant “Koyla.” While Khan accused Azmi of siphoning off funds originally invested in the business, Farhan filed a complaint against him for sending goons to his Bandra restaurant. As a result, the restaurant was shut down until the case resolved.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Ayesha Takia (actress)
|Marriage Date||1 March 2009
|Children||Son- Mikail Azmi
|Parents||Father- Abu Asim Azim (MLA)
Mother- Zahida Azmi
|Siblings||Brother- Not Known
Sister- Farzeen Azmi
|Favourite Food||Hummus, Pav Bhaji, Butter Chicken|
|Favourite Travel Destination||Maldives|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 66 crores|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Farhan Azmi
- Farhan Azmi was born into a modest family in Mumbai.
- He did his graduation from Mumbai’s Jai Hind College.
- Farhan Azmi is an entrepreneur who owns a large chain of vegetarian restaurants including Koyla, Café Basilico, ChaiCoffi, Basilico House, in places like Mumbai and Goa.
- He is the son of Abu Asim Azmi, the MLA of Mankhurd Shivaji Nagar Constituency in Mumbai.
- He is the grandson of Haji Niyaz Ahmed Azmi.
- He contested the 2010 Legislative Assembly by-elections from the Bhiwandi (East) Constituency as a member of the Samajwadi Party and lost the elections to Shiv Sena candidate Rupesh Mhatre.
- In 2014, Azmi joined the Yuva Cell of the Samajwadi Party and became the State President of the cell.
- He has worked on various projects which aimed at empowering the youth, fighting for women’s safety, tackling various environmental issues, addressing the needs of underprivileged children, and fighting religious discrimination.
- In the same year, he contested the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from North Mumbai Constituency but lost the elections.
- In January 2018, Farhan resigned from his post of the state president of the Yuva Cell of Samajwadi Party but continued to serve the party.
- He got married to his long-term-girlfriend actress Ayesha Takia in the year 2009. In 2017, Farhan Azmi got death threatening calls from a Hindu extremist organisation, as being a Muslim he had married a Hindu girl. Interestingly, the calls came after eight years of his marriage to Ayesha Takia.
- Farhan Azmi likes to ride motorbikes.
- He is fond of dogs.
- He keeps travelling to different countries like Switzerland, France, Thailand, Norway and the USA for his business deals.
- Farhan is very active on social media and often use it as a platform to promote his business and to talk about his political ideas.