Some Lesser Known Facts about G. Parameshwara
- Does G. Parameshwara smoke?: Not Known
- Does G. Parameshwara drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He belongs to a Dalit family, and his father HM Gangadharaiah was famous for opening free boarding schools for the needy students.
- Apart from socialist and drawing teacher his father was also a member of the board of directors in Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (Department of Pre University Education of Karnataka), and Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (Mysore University).
- At an early age, he became a member of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) of India.
- During his studies at the University of Agricultural Sciences in Bangalore, he made a record of 100 meters race in 10.9 seconds.
- As an athlete, he represented Gandhi Krishi Vignana Kendra College in Inter-College/University sports event, and later, Karnataka state at the National level competition.
- He won India scholarship during his Masters in 1978, and India Overseas scholarship in 1980.
- During 1984-85, he received the Post-Doctoral Fellowship from the University of Melbourne.
- While studying at the Gandhi Krishi Vignana Kendra, he met his friend’s sister Kannika Parameshwari and decided to marry her. Later in 1982, he tied the knot with her in Tumkur as per Buddhist norms.
- In mid-1988, he, with the co-operation of his father, established ‘Sri Siddhartha Medical College’ in Tumkur (Karnataka).
- After returning from Australia, he became the Administrative Officer of ‘Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology,’ Tumkur, Karnataka.
- In 1989, Parameshwara, along with S. M. Yahya, Education Minister of Karnataka (at that time), met former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi who suggested him to join politics.
- Soon, with the support of a general secretary of A.I.C.C. (All India Congress Committee) Mohsina Kidwai, he became the Joint Secretary of Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee.
- In the 1999 assembly election from Madhugiri, he made a record of winning the highest polls seat in Karnataka by a margin of 55,802 votes; against Gangahanumaiah of Janata Dal (secular) having only 16,093 votes.
- Parameshwara is the follower of Buddism and its philosophy.
- He is the member of the Indian Society of Plant Physiology, Technical Education, Agricultural Science and also the Australian Society of Plant Physiology.
- Parameshwara is the winner of ‘Distinguished Leadership Award’ for his outstanding contributions to the contemporary Indian society.
- On 23 May 2018, Parameshwara was sworn in as the Deputy Chief Minister of Karnataka.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡