|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Bharatiya Janata Party
|Date of Birth
|10 July 1973 (Tuesday)
|Date of Death
|4 November 2023
|Place of Death
|Age (at the time of death)
|Murder Hindustan Times
|Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
|Relationships & More
|Marital Status (at the time of death)
|Name Not Known
|Father- Vansh Gopal Dubey
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ratan Dubey
- Ratan Dubey was an Indian politician and leader of the Bhartiya Janata Party. He was the Narayanpur district unit vice president and the Assembly convenor. He died on 4 November 2023 in Narayanpur after being allegedly murdered by Naxalites 3 days before the assembly polls.
- On 4 November 2023, while he was campaigning for Assembly polls scheduled for 7 November and 17 November in the market at Kaushalnagar village, he was attacked by a sharp weapon leading to his death.
- After his campaign, there was a cock fight organized where a group of Maoists disguised as villagers approached Ratan. He soon realized he was in danger and started running. He was chased by a group of men and one of them stabbed him from behind. When he fell to the ground, the other people in the group started attacking him with axes, guns and daggers. In a statement, a police official informed,
Dubey ran towards his car and tried to get inside but a few more persons surrounded him and attacked him with sharp edged weapons leading to his death on the spot. The incident led to chaos. BJP workers later rushed to the police station located around 5 kilometres away from the site.”
- Soon after the incident, the police rushed to the spot and took his body to the headquarters for further investigations.
- According to the police, Dubey was campaigning for Kedar Kashyap, who is contesting from the Narayanpur seat against Congress leader Chandan Kashyap.
- Reportedly, he was murdered 10 days after Maoists threatened political workers and candidates not to campaign in the Baster district.
- Accusing the Congress party and expressing condolence on Ratan’s death, BJP leader Om Mathur took to Twitter and posted,
I am deeply saddened by the brutal murder of Chhattisgarh BJP’s Narayanpur Assembly convenor and Narayanpur district vice president Ratan Dubey ji by Naxalites during the campaign. The entire party condemns this cowardly incident.”
- Ratan is the seventh BJP member to be killed by the Maoists in 2023.
- He was a Narayanpur Zilla Panchayat and Maal Vahan Parivahan Sangh member.