Pavan Ahluwalia Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Age: 45 Years
Wife: Sarah Jacob
|Famous for||Being the son of Montek Singh Ahluwalia, an Indian economist and former Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission of India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Date of Birth||15 November 1977 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Washington, D.C., United States|
|College/University||• Princeton University in Princeton, New Jersey (1995-1999)
• John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, US (2004-2006)
• Stanford University Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California (2004-2006)
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Princeton University in Princeton, New Jersey
• Master of Public Administration (MPA, International Development) from John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, US
• Master of Business Administration from Stanford University Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California Pavan Ahluwalia - LinkedIn
|Address||D – 64 Defence Colony, 3rd Floor, New Delhi 110024|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sarah Jacob (journalist and senior news editor)|
|Marriage Date||28 March 2013|
|Children||He has two daughters.|
|Parents||Father- Montek Singh Ahluwalia (economist)
Mother- Isher Judge Ahluwalia (economist, public policy researcher, professor)
|Siblings||Brother- Aman Ahluwalia (younger; advocate)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pavan Ahluwalia
- Pavan Ahluwalia is an Indian investment manager. He is the founder and managing director of Laburnum Capital, an India-based investment manager.
- He grew up in a well-to-do family in Delhi, India, where his parents shifted a few months after his birth.
- Pavan’s mother, Isher Ahluwalia, passed away on 26 September 2020 after battling with brain cancer for 10 months.
- Following his graduation, Pavan joined the office of the then Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Digvijay Singh as an intern. Subsequently, he did an internship at the office of Sheila Dikshit, the then Chief Minister of Delhi.
- In August 1999, Pavan Ahluwalia began his career as a consultant in the research department of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Washington, District of Columbia, United States. There, as a part of his job responsibilities, Pavan authored a paper modelling “contagion” in currency markets. He resigned from his position in the firm in March 2000.
- He then worked as a business analyst at McKinsey & Company in New York from October 2000 till August 2002. While working there, Pavan advised management teams on corporate strategy in New York and Mumbai.
- In September 2006, Pavan Ahluwalia joined Old Lane Partners in New York, United States as an associate. While working at the firm, he covered India and parts of non-Japan Asia for a $5 billion hedge fund.
- On 19 August 2009, Pavan Ahluwalia established the investment management firm Laburnum Capital Advisors Private Limited which is based in Delhi. Pavan is also the Managing director of the firm.
- He holds directorship in two more companies, namely, Affordable Quality Health, a not-for-profit company based in Hyderabad, and Quality Healthcare Access Private Limited, a non-government organisation based in Delhi.
|↑1||Pavan Ahluwalia - LinkedIn|