|Profession||Actor, Producer & Politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.7 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Political Party||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) (July 2019-present)
|Political Journey||• He entered politics by joining DMK in July 2019 as its youth wing president.
• Ahead of the 2021 Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly election, he declared his candidature from the Chepauk-Thiruvallikeni constituency.
|Debut||As a Producer: Kuruvi (2008)
As an Actor: Oru Kal Oru Kannadi (2012)
|Date of Birth||27 November 1977 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Madras, Madras State (present-day Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India)|
|School||Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Egmore, Chennai|
|College/University||Loyola College, Chennai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor's Degree of Commerce from Loyola College (1997) My Neta|
|Address||25/9, Chittaranjan Road, Alwarpet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Tattoo(s)||Udhayanidhi has three tattoos inked on his body: 'Inba' (his son's name), Tanmaya (his daughter's name), and 'OKOK' (abbreviation of his debut film as an actor, 'Oru Kal Oru Kannadi')|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 2002|
|Wife||Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi (Film director)
|Parents||Father- MK Stalin (Politician)
Mother- Durga Stalin
Sister- Senthamarai Sabarish
|Car Collection||• Range Rover Sport (Vehicle number: TN 07 CS 0001)
• Toyota Land Cruiser LC 200 VX (Vehicle number: TN 01 BH 2345)
• Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 200 CGI (Vehicle number: TN 07 BM 0001)
• Hummer H3
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 27 crore The News Minute|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Udhayanidhi Stalin
- Udhayanidhi Stalin is a famous Tamil filmmaker, actor, and politician. He is the only son of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) political party’s chief, MK Stalin.
- Udhayanidhi entered the Tamil film industry, or Kollywood as it is known, as a film producer by founding his production company Red Giant Movies in 2008. The first film that he produced was an action comedy film titled ‘Kuruvi’ (2008).
The film did not do well; however, Udhayanidhi continued to invest in movies. His production company produced big-budget films during the initial years of its inception, including Kamal Haasan-starrer ‘Manmadan Ambu’ (2010) and AR Murugadoss‘ ‘7aum Arivu’ (2011).
- Udhayanidhi debuted as an actor on the big screen by appearing in ‘Oru Kal Oru Kannadi’ (2012), a Tamil-language romantic comedy film in which he played the lead role of Saravanan, an unemployed young man. He received Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut (South) for his work in the film.
- He played the lead role of ‘Sakthivel’ in the Bollywood courtroom drama film Jolly LLB’s Tamil remake Manithan.
- Numerous people from the Karunanidhi family and relatives are engaged in cinema and politics. Udhayanidhi’s grandfather, Karunanidhi, worked as a scriptwriter in his youth days and was keenly interested in Tamil literature, poetry, and drama. His father, MK Stalin, tried his luck in acting for a brief period in the late 1980s and acted in two Tamil movies and two Tamil TV soap operas. His wife, Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi, is a writer and film director.
- Udhyanidhi considers his grandfather, M Karunanidhi, his idol in life. Karunanidhi was a revered politician and leader who served as the chief minister of Tamil Nadu for five terms between 1969 and 2011. Karunanidhi died of chronic illness, at the ripe age of 94 in 2018.
- Until now, the roles that Udhayanidhi played in his movies do not include political messaging of any sort. Moreover, after joining politics, he promised that he would keep acting in movies and would continue to keep films and politics apart.
- Prior to getting appointed as the youth wing secretary of DMK, Udhayanidhi was the managing director of DMK’s mouthpiece, ‘Murasoli.’
- As declared in his election affidavit, Udhayanidhi has twenty-two criminal cases registered against him. The News Minute