|Profession||Actor, Producer & Politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.7 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Political Party||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) (July 2019-present)
|Political Journey||• He entered politics by joining DMK in July 2019 as its youth wing president.
• Ahead of the 2021 Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly election, he declared his candidature from Chepauk – Thiruvallikeni constituency.
|Debut||As a Producer: Kuruvi (2008)
As an Actor: Oru Kal Oru Kannadi (2012)
|Awards||Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut (South) for his performance in the Tamil-language romantic comedy film 'Oru Kal Oru Kannadi' (2012)
|Date of Birth||27 November 1977 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Madras, Madras State (present-day Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India)|
|School||Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Egmore, Chennai|
|College/University||Loyola College, Chennai|
|Educational Qualification||BSc in Visual Communications Wikipedia|
|Tattoo(s)||Udhayanidhi has three tattoos inked on his body: 'Inba' (his son's name), Inbanithi (his daughter's name), and 'OKOK' (abbreviation of his debut film as an actor, 'Oru Kal Oru Kannadi')|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 2002|
|Wife||Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi (Film director)
|Parents||Father- MK Stalin (Politician)
Mother- Durga Stalin
Sister- Senthamarai Sabarish
|Car Collection||• Range Rover Sport (TN 07 CS 0001)
• Toyota Land Cruiser LC 200 VX (TN 01 BH 2345)
• Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 200 CGI (TN 07 BM 0001)
• Hummer H3
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 27 crore The News Minute|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Udhayanidhi Stalin
- Udhayanidhi Stalin is a famous Tamil filmmaker, actor, and politician. He is the only son of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) political party’s chief, MK Stalin.
- Udhayanidhi entered the Tamil or Kollywood film industry as a film producer by founding his production company Red Giant Movies in 2008. The first film that he produced was an action comedy film Kuruvi (2008).
The film did not do well; however, Udhayanidhi continued to invest in movies. His production company produced big-budget films during the initial years of its inception, including Kamal Haasan-starrer ‘Manmadan Ambu’ (2010) and AR Murugadoss‘ ‘7aum Arivu’ (2011).
- Udhayanidhi debuted as an actor on the big screen by appearing in ‘Oru Kal Oru Kannadi’ (2012), a Tamil-language romantic comedy film in which he played the lead role of Saravanan an unemployed young man. He received many awards for his work in the film.
- He played the lead role of ‘Sakthivel’ in the Bollywood courtroom drama film Jolly LLB’s Tamil remake Manithan.
- Numerous people from the Karunanidhi family and relatives are engaged in cinema making and politics. Udhayanidhi’s grandfather, Karunanidhi, worked as a Tamil scriptwriter in his youth days and was keenly interested in Tamil literature, poetry and drama. His father, MK Stalin, tried his luck in acting for a brief period in the late 1980s and acted in two Tamil movies and two Tamil TV soap operas. His wife, Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi, is a writer and film director.
- Udhyanidhi considers his grandfather, M Karunanidhi, his idol in life. Karunanidhi was a revered politician and leader who served as the chief minister of Tamil Nadu for five terms between 1969 and 2011. Karunanidhi died of chronic illness, at the ripe age of 94 in 2018.
- Until now, the roles that Udhayanidhi has played in his movies do not include political messaging of any sort. Moreover, after joining politics, he promised that he will keep acting in movies and will continue to keep films and politics apart.
- Prior to getting appointed as the youth wing secretary of DMK, Udhayanidhi was the managing director of DMK’s mouthpiece, ‘Murasoli.’
- As declared in his election affidavit, Udhayanidhi has twenty-two criminal cases registered against him. The News Minute