|Real Name||Gareth Frank Bale
|Nickname||The Cannon, Welsh Winger|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 1.83 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1⁄2”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 45 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Professional Debut||In May 2006 for Wales National Team|
|Current Team||Wales Football Team
|Achievements (main ones)||• “Carwyn James Award” for the “BBC Wales Young Sports Personality of the Year” in Dec 2006.
• “Barclays Player of the Month” for April 2010
• “Football League Young Player of the Year” on March 04, 2007.
• “2010 BBC Cymru Wales Sports Personality of the Year.”
• “Player of the Year” on April 17, 2011 for 2010-11 season by Professional Footballers Association.
• “PFA Players' Player of the Year," 2012-2012.
• "Young Player of the Year," 2012-1013.
|Career Turning Point||2010–11 UEFA Champions League|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1989|
|Age (as in 2016)||27 Years|
|Birth Place||Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
|School||Whitchurch High School|
|Educational Qualifications||High School (2005), Grade A in PE|
|Family||Father- Frank Bale (School Teacher)
Mother- Debbi Bale (Operation Manager)
Sister- Vicky Bale
|Ethnicity||Welsh and British|
|Hobbies||Playing Golf, spending time with family and watching Premiere League.|
|Controversies||• He spurred controversy with his comments on England Football. He said, "They [England fans] big themselves up before they've done anything, so we're going to go there and believe we can beat them."
"I think we've got a lot more passion and pride about us than them. We'll definitely show that on the day. I don't know what it is but, if you're Welsh, we feel more pride and passion than anyone else.
"Look at the national anthem, everyone sings, the whole stadium. I don't think any other nation would do that. Being Welsh just brings it out of you."
Asked how many England players would get into the Wales team, Bale cheekily responded "None."
|Favourite Footballers||Christiano Ronaldo|
|Favourite Food||Chicken wrap, medium sauce, Spanish dry cured ham, Jamon, Dairy Milk or Galaxy chocolates|
|Favourite Hotel||Txistu, Madrid, Spain|
|Favourite Football Trick||Side-step|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Emma Rhys-Jones (High School Sweetheart)
|Children||Daughters- Nava Valentina
|Salary||$35.9 millions (Including $10 million from endorsements)|
|Net Worth||$90 million|
|House||La Finca mansion. ($2.3 million)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gareth Bale
- Does Gareth Bale smoke?: No
- Does Gareth Bale drink alcohol?: No
- Gareth Bale is appreciated most for his tremendous speed, crossing past the defenders quickly and striking the ball from a distance and his swerving free kicks, which like him, can fly pass the wall and hit the nets.
- He is a left footed finisher which makes a balanced forward for the team in addition to his free kicks and dribbling. He has exceptional agility and physical abilities. He did a 100 m spring in 11.4 seconds when he was 14 years old.
- He can cover a lot of positions on the field as he started playing at the back and shifted to attacking position with time. His first goal was from a free-kick, which made him the youngest player to score a goal for Wales.
- He has always been active in sports and played rugby and hockey besides football in his school in addition to athletics.
- Gareth has been playing club football since he was 9 and was spotted first by FC Southampton.
- He has come a far way from playing for “Tottenham Hotspur” for £7 million to an estimated €100 million for “Real Madrid”, the highest world record transfer fees at that time.
- He has been in impeccable form even after a knee surgery for a broken ligament, which forced him to rest for two months though.
- Bale has earned many Player of the Month and Goal of the Month titles. These included titles from local and prestigious institutions.
- Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp said in Bale’s praise that he is a player without any “Weakness in his make-up”. He saluted the avid player for his game.
- He made a request to change his jersey from backward (number 3) to that of a forward (number 11) in 2011 and he got it.
- Gareth was selected for the UEFA Team of the Year 2011.
- He is the only player other than Cristiano Ronaldo who has won three awards in a year.
- He was part of the “Together we can beat Ebola” campaign in November 2014.
- Bale could play for England as his grandmother is from England but he chose to play for Wales, as he loves Wales and the England team board never contacted him to play for the team.
- He has a trademark goal celebration move; he makes a heart shape with his hands.
- Gareth Bale’s efforts have helped Wales qualify for the 2016 Euro football league for the first time in the last 60 years. He scored 9 goals out of 11 and assisted two. He scored 82% of the goals in France in the 2015-16 season, more than anyone else from any team.
- Micah Richards said that Bale no doubt is the toughest player to oppose, revealing, “He made me feel an inch tall. Took me to pieces. He just doesn’t stop running. It’s ridiculous.”
- Redknapp who has been watching him play from the beginning said, “He’s an amazing, amazing talent and he’s after the Ronaldo’s and Messi’s of this world and he’s getting better and better. He’s almost unplayable when he’s on his game. He is a genuine world-class player. There’s nobody he couldn’t play for. He’d improve any team.”