|Actor and Model
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Film: Love Games (2016) as Sameer Saxena
Web series: Broken But Beautiful (2019) as Ahan Chatterji
|Date of Birth
|20 September 1986 (Saturday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Mungaoli, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
|• Daly College, Indore
• Prestige Institute of Management And Research, Indore
|Bachelor of Business Administration
|Relationships & More
|Kriti Sanon (actress)
|Father- Ravi Arora
Mother- Radha Arora
|Sisters- Sakshi Arora, Anshu Arora, Mahek Arora
|The Godfather, Gladiator, 3 Idiots, Requiem for a Dream, Scent of a Woman and Shakespeare In Love
|Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand and Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less by Jeffrey Archer
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gaurav Arora
- Gaurav Arora is an Indian model and actor. He became popular with his debut with the film Love Games in 2016. In 2006, he secured the second place in the Gladrags Manhunt and Megamodel Contest.
- He was passionate about acting and modelling since a very young age, and to purse a career in the field he, after completing his formal studies, moved to Mumbai to follow his passion.
- Gaurav competed in the Gladrags Manhunt and Megamodel Contest held in 2006 and earned the second runner-up title in the competition. He then went on to work as a model and collaborated with many renowned designers. Soon after his modelling debut he gained recognition as a successful runway model.
- In 2010, he won the Elle (India) young face of the year award. In 2011, Men’s Health magazine named him one of the fittest male Supermodels. He was listed in the Vogue India most desirable Indian men list in 2013.
- Arora walked the runway for the top leading designers in India including Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, Raghavendra Rathore and others. He has walked for major fashion weeks, including Lakme Fashion Week, India Fashion Week, Indian Couture Week, Amazon India Fashion Week, and others.
- The model participated in various international modelling competition and represented India overseas too, in countries like the United States, Canada, Dubai and Thailand. He gained fame in India as well as internationally and secured his name the the list of Indian supermodels.
- He has appeared in a number of television commercials for brands like Gillette (brand), 7Up, Honda, Maruti Suzuki, Nyle body lotion, WB Channel, Keya food products, and JW Marriott Hotels. He also appeared for television commercials for Pakistan’s QMobile. Gaurav Arora has graced the covers of many popular magazines including Vogue (magazine) and GQ.
- In 2013, Mandate magazine named him one of the top Indian male supermodels. Gaurav gained a lot of popularity as a model after starring in GQ (Indian editionshort )’s film Glow Key, which was shot in Bali, Indonesia.
- Before entering the field of acting, Gaurav polished his skills acting in theater. Some of the plays he became part of includes The night of January, The Mousetrap, and And Then There Were None.
- In an interview, he was asked, You began off as a model, how has the ramp scene changed over the years?, to which he replied,Even though I haven’t modeled in three years, I think it has become more professional now. However social media has impacted the scene by taking away the physical part of it as anyone can easily become perfect on these platforms by using filters and editing tools. It was more about being consistent and real with our bodies and attitude when we stepped into the industry.”
- Talking about his theater journey, he narrated,I have learnt that every city or even every locality has its own perception towards a specific play. The personal interaction that comes as a part of the stage is extremely empowering. The fact that once you go up on stage, whatever you do becomes irreversible is also challenging.”
- Gaurav Arora made his acting debut, in 2016, with Vikram Bhatt’s Indian erotic thriller Love Games. The lead cast of the film included Patralekha, Gaurav Arora and Tara Alisha Berry and it wass released on 8 April 2016 under the production banner of Vishesh Films and was distributed by T-Series in cinemas across India. Gaurav portrayed the character named Sameer Saxena and earned huge critical acclaims for it. The plot of the film revolves around Ramona Raichand (Patralekha) who is a rebellious and daring woman. She only wants thrills and desire in life, and Sam (Gaurav Arora) is her boy-toy. Sam is depressed all of the time and resorts to self-harm as a means of coping. He informs his psychiatrist (Rukhsar Rehman) that something was lacking in his life, and that the absence of some missing component in his life causes him no emotional distress. The film’s plot depicts how his life changes when he meets Alisha (Tara Alisha Berry) and falls in love with her, as well as the lengths to which he goes to win her against all odds. Cape Town, South Africa, served as the setting for this film. Vikram Bhatt directed this urban thriller.
- Gaurav Arora got the breakthrough of his acting career in 2016 with thriller and horror genre film Raaz: Reboot. Vikram Bhatt directed film featured Gaurav opposite Emraan Hashmi and Kriti Kharbanda. In Romania, the film was shot in subzero temperatures. Aside from Sinaia and other locales, the filming took place at Hoia-Baciu (also known as Hoia Forest), a haunting forest famed for intriguing stories and even UFO sightings. After a few years of marriage, Rehaan (Gaurav Arora) and Shaina (Kriti Kharbanda) return to Romania. They had apparently lived there before they married. Shaina, on the other hand, was adamant that Rehaan accept a job offer as a Venture Capitalist with the East European Finance Company. Rehaan was hesitant since he had a secret to keep hidden. Shaina has ghostly occurrences on the first day, while unloading her suitcase. Rehaan, on the other hand, refuses to believe her. Rehaan receives a panicked call from Shaina demanding assistance a month later while on a work trip. She is discovered hiding in a phone booth in a rural place. She had apparently gone there to see a clairvoyant. As a result, the story shifts back and forth. Mixed to good reviews greeted this flick. Arora’s performance, on the other hand, got critical acclaim and was well received. “Gaurav Arora perseveres in lending respect to his persona and has done a good job,” the Mumbai Mirror reports. According to the Deccan ChronicleGaurav Arora, who is just a few years old in the film, literally steals the show. Despite the presence of prominent actor Emraan Hashmi in the picture, he manages to snare all of the attention.”
That is somewhat the story of your first film Raaz Reboot. What difference can we expect here?
No, not at all. Raaz didn’t really do that well. After that, the four years that I had, I sat in my house and thought about what I would do next. The only thing I did is work on my craft. I did Asur and now the second season is coming. We also have Aadha Ishq. It’s such varied characters. When I talk about two time zones, I’m actually fortunate to play the character of Saahir because he goes through a massive transition. I haven’t done that in my past and an actor really looks for a part like this because there’s a huge transformation in him. I had to lose weight when I was playing another timeline. The body language had to be different. There’s beard and longer hair. There’s been physical and emotional transformation.”
- In 2019, he made his online debut with Ekta Kapoor’s Hindi romance web series Broken But Beautiful. He played the role of Ahan Chaterji in the secound season of the series. Veer and Sameera are introduced to Debbie and Ahan, respectively. Debbie and Ahan are Veer and Sameera’s choices for marriage. The show then centres on Veer and Sameera realising their feelings for each other. As Veer and Sameera grow apart, Veer meets Debbie and begins dating her, while Sameera encounters her former crush, Ahan. Ahan asks Sameera out in the hopes of rekindling their relationship, and she agrees grudgingly. They become fast friends, but Sameera’s past experiences prevent her from dating. In the meantime, Veer and Sameera reunite and become friends, vowing to put their prior experiences behind them. Sameera learns that Debbie is pregnant with Veer’s child and that Veer is absolutely deafeningly deafeningly deafeningly deafeningly blindingly deal. She starts seeing Ahan, who is madly in love with her, because she is insecure. Inebriated, Veer and Sameera discuss about their feelings and become intimate. When they wake up the next morning, they realise their mistake and decide to notify their partners. Meanwhile, Debbie discovers that she is not pregnant and informs Veer, who panics, and Ishanvi accidently spills the beans, causing them to break up. Sameera also informs Ahan, who advises her to pick between him and the man with whom she cheated. Sameera picks Ahan out of guilt, and Ahan is an excellent partner. Veer, on the other side, declares his love to Sameera when she informs him of her previous decision.
After making your debut in films, you are now making waves on OTT. Would you say it has given you another opportunity to put yourself out there?
Not just me, everyone associated with the creative field – be it directors, writers, technicians, actors. We’ve got this new technology we enjoy and love it. Just a few years ago, there was TV and theatre. In between, there was nothing for us. TV has a very limited audience and then, theatres. So, in between there was a huge gap that was missing. I just feel that with this, it has given an opportunity to all of us.”
- In 2020, he featured in the Hindi-language crime thriller web series Asur as Kesar Bhardaw. Asur is set in the mystical city of Varanasi and follows Nikhil Nair, a forensic expert-turned-teacher who returns to his roots at the Central Bureau of Investigation, where he, along with his former mentor Dhananjay Rajpoot, finds himself in a cat-and-mouse game with a ruthless serial killer.  The story that follows is a mix of suspense, mythology, and the killings of people who have nothing to do with one other. Later, he becamwe part of other web projects including Kaali Peeli Tales.
- Talking about his role in the series, he replied,My character Saahir is one of the most complex characters I have played so far. If you go by the one-liner of this show, it’s where mother and daughter fall in love with the same man. There were days when I had scenes with both Aamna Sharif and Pratibha Ranta back to back, and I had to transition through a span of ten years in a couple of minutes. Since the show has two timelines running parallel, it wasn’t just a mental transition that I had to go through, but physically I had to put on weight for the later timeline as well.”
- In 2022, he became part of another web series called Aadha Ishq. When asked about what made him take up Aadha Ishq?, he replie,I have already done Asura for Voot select, and while I was shooting for the second season of this show I got a call from the authorities again with an offer for Aadha ishq. I got all the way more intrigued after listening to the one liner of this show as I believe it aptly represents the contemporary complexities of relationships in our times. However, it also has an old school charm to it with poetry, paintings and mountains being an integral part of the plot.”
- Explaining about the freshness of the new project he said,The plot of the show got me hooked, and the transitional character is something I believe every actor would like to delve into. Apart from taking special sketching classes to get into the shoes of the character, my physical change to smoothly glide across ten years got me invested in the project as well. It was challenging yet exciting to understand and step into the shoes of a person’s life across ten years.”
- The model turned actor is a fitness enthusiast. When heecwas asked what recommendations would you like to share from the perspective of a fitness enthusiast? He replied,I have seen many people enrolling for fitness classes and not remaining consistent with it. It is important to be consistent even if you are just brisk walking every evening. Also it is crucial to stay away from beauty standards set by social media platforms.”