Profession: Civil Servant
|Profession||Indian Foreign Services (IFS) Officer|
|Known for||Being the first Indian woman to hold the post of Chargé d’affaires in the Indian High Commission in Pakistan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Service||Indian Foreign Service (IFS)|
|Major Designation(s)||• Third Secretary in the Indian Embassy in Beijing (August 2007 - May 2009)
• Under-Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (June 2009 - May 2012)
• Deputy Passport Officer in the Regional Passport Office in Kolkata (May 2012)
• Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs
• Director of the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) Division of the MEA in New Delhi
• Joint Secretary of the Indo-Pacific Division of the MEA
• Chargé d’affaires of the Indian High Commission in Pakistan (August 2023)
|Birthplace||Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/University||Shiv Harsh Kisan P.G. College, Basti, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• In graduation, she had maths, economics, and computers as subjects. She completed her graduation in 2001. SKPG College – YouTube
• She has done numerous foreign service-related courses at the Sushma Swaraj Institute of Foreign Service.
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not known|
|Husband/Spouse||Name not known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Geetika Srivastava
- Geetika Srivastava is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of the 2005 batch. In August 2023, she made headlines by becoming the first woman officer to lead the Indian mission in Pakistan when she was appointed as the Chargé d’affaires of the Indian High Commission in Pakistan.
- Following her formal education, Geetika took the UPSC civil services exam and successfully passed it. After that, she joined the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand.
- She delivered a speech on “Confronting Khalistanis In Ontario” at the Sushma Swaraj Institute of Foreign Service in 2016.
- In August 2023, she was chosen to become the Chargé d’affaires at the Indian High Commission in Pakistan, succeeding M. Suresh Kumar. She was selected amid the tense India-Pakistan relations that ensued after the abrogation of Article 370 in Kashmir.
- Geetika Srivastava is proficient in spoken and written Mandarin, English, and Hindi. In an interview, she disclosed that she chose to study Mandarin as part of her foreign language education.