Some Lesser Known Facts About Shrestha Thakur
- Shrestha Thakur is a resident of Unnao in Uttar Pradesh.
- She is a Police Officer of Uttar Pradesh Cadre.
- She holds the designation of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP).
- She was posted as a Circle Officer (CO) of Syana in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh. She came into the eyes of media in June 2017 after she took on local BJP leaders for violating traffic rules.
- Ms. Thakur had arrested 5 BJP leaders on charges of obstructing a ‘Government Servant’ from discharging his/her duty. The video of Ms. Thakur castigating the BJP leaders for allegedly violating traffic rules asking for relaxation had gone viral, earning her tremendous praise for discharging her duty.
- During the confrontation, Ms. Thakur had asked the BJP leaders to get a written declaration from Yogi Adityanath (the incumbent Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh) that “police had no power to check vehicles.” She had also accused the BJP leaders of spreading the “Goondaraj” and maligning the name of the party.
- In July 2017, she was transferred to Behraich district in Uttar Pradesh. She took to her Facebook account to say that she is happy about her transfer and see it “as a reward for my good work.” She gave her post a poetic turn and went on to write, “Got transfer to bhraich, it’s nepal border, don’t worry my friends I am happy ..I accept it as a reward for my good work. .u all are invited to bahraich.”
- This is not the first time that a lady police officer has been transferred for taking action against the BJP leaders in Uttar Pradesh. The story of Charu Nigam is still fresh who had gone through almost the same set of incidents as Ms. Thakur has.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡