Death Date: 03/03/2011
Death Cause: Prolonged Illness
|Real Name||Ravinder Kapoor|
|Famous Role||Kansa Mama in Mahabharat (1988)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Debut||Film: Jwala (1971)
|Last Film||Darwaza Bandh Rakho (2006)
|Date of Birth||15 December 1940 (Sunday)|
|Birthplace||Gujranwala, Punjab, British India (Now in Pakistan)|
|Date of Death||3 March 2011 (Thursday)|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Age (at the time of death)||71 Years|
|Death Cause||Prolonged Illness|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Travelling, Reading|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
Shailly Kapoor Anand
Payal Goga Kapoor (Actress)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- 1 (Elder; Name Not Known)
Sister- 1 (Younger; Name Not Known)
|Favourite Actor||Raj Kapoor|
|Favourite Film||Jagte Raho (1956)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Goga Kapoor
- Goga Kapoor is a famous veteran Bollywood actor.
- His real name was Ravinder Kapoor. He was born in Gujranwala, Punjab, which is now in Pakistan. They used to be from a rich family, but after the partition, they moved to India and lost all their property.
- He was separated from his father during the Partition of India in 1947, but his mother had a firm belief that one day she would find her husband. In a very filmy way, she actually met him in a coffee shop, after a few years.
- His father started working as a textile engineer. Like his father, Goga Kapoor also wanted to become a textile engineer. But, there was something different in his destiny.
- Soon, he started developing an interest in acting. He began his career in theatres; doing English plays. Soon, his acting skills got recognised, and he was offered for a small role in the movie ‘Jwala’ (1971).
- He played a villain in the movie ‘Ek Kunwari Ek Kunwara’ (1973), and it was the beginning of his negative characters in the movies. After this, he got many offers for the role of villain, and soon, he became one of the most famous villains in Bollywood.
- His role in the movies- Toofan, Agneepath, and Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa are some of the most memorable ones.
- In almost all his movies, he had acted with Amitabh Bachchan. Their ‘hero-villain Jodi’ became quite popular in that era. They used to be good friends offscreen.
- Goga was very popular for his unique dialogue delivery in the films.
- He also played the role of ‘Kansa’ in the epic TV series ‘Mahabharat (1988)’ and it is said that no one else can do that role with such conviction.
- He was one of the most active committee members of ‘Cine Artistes Association.”
- Due to a prolonged illness, he left this world on, 3rd March 2011, in Mumbai.