Harish Rawat Age, Political Journey, Biography & More
Harish Chandra Singh Rawat
Indian National Congress
• Harish started politics from his village, He had been the member of the Indian Youth Congress until 1980.
• He was elected to 7th Lok Sabha after defeating BJP veteran Murli Manohar Joshi from Almora parliamentary constituency in 1980.
• In 2000, he was unanimously elected as President of Uttarakhand Pradesh Congress Committee (UPCC).
• In 2002, He was elected to Rajya Sabha, the Upper House of the Parliament.
• In February 2014, Rawat took the oath of office as Chief Minister of Uttarakhand when Vijay Bahuguna resigned.
Physical Stats & More
in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
Chief Minister Secretariat (4 Subash Road, Uttarakhand Secretariat, Fourth Floor New Building, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001)
In Uttarakhand Political Crisis in 2016. A video has been released by a private news channel (Samachar Plus). The sting video claims that Harish Rawat gave Rs 25 lakh each to 12 MLAs. The sting video allegedly shows Congress MLA Madan Singh Bisht talking about the money deal involving Harish Rawat.
Girls, Affairs and More
Son- Anand Rawat Daughters- Anupama Rawat,
Net Worth (approx.)
5.5 Crore INR
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harish Rawat
Does Harish Rawat smoke?: Not Known
Does Harish Rawat drink alcohol?: Not Known
Harish Rawat was born in the Rajput family in 1948.
Rawat served as Union Minister of Water Resources in the cabinet of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh from 2012 to 2014.
He has also handled the portfolio of Minister of State at the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Food Processing Industries (2011-2012) and Ministry of Labour and Employment(2009-2011).
Harish Rawat was in controversy when sting video allegedly shows Congress MLA Madan Singh Bisht talking about the money deal involving Harish Rawat.