|Full Name||Amole Gupte|
|Profession||Actor, Filmmaker, Writer, Child Activist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Year- 1962|
|Age (as in 2017)||55 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Direction & Screenwriting: Stanley Ka Dabba (2011)
Film (Acting): Holi (1984)
|Family||Father- Name Not Known (software professional)
Mother- Name Not Known (an employee of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC))
Brother- 1 (younger)
|Address||Amole Gupte Cinema Private Limited Unit No. 25, Jains Arcade, Junction of 14th Road and Khar Danda Road, Khar, Mumbai Bandra Suburban, MH 400052|
|Controversies||In 2008, during the time of Taare Zameen Par's release, Amole Gupte had an ugly fallout with actor Aamir Khan, when the latter refused to give him due credit for direction. As a result, Amole Gupte's name appeared as only the 'creative director', in the film credits.|
|Favourite Movies||Hollywood: Finding Nemo (2003), The Colour of Paradise (1999), Where is the Friend's Home (1987)
Bollywood: Masoom (1983)
|Favourite Song||"Jeevan se na haar oh jeene wale" by Kishore Kumar from the movie- Door Ka Rahi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Deepa Bhatia (Film Editor)
|Children||Son- Partho (Actor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amole Gupte
- Does Amole Gupte smoke?: Not Known
- Does Amole Gupte drink alcohol?: Yes
- Gupte owes his success to his father – a software professional – who despite being busy most of the time, made it a priority to take his sons regularly to film screenings, theatrical shows, and live concerts.
- Since both his parents belonged to the working lot, Gupte became acquainted with performing household chores at a very young age. He even went to purchase groceries, all by himself, at a mere age of 5.
- He is an avid children rights activist. Time and again, Gupte has highlighted the negative impacts of children’s reality shows on the minds of its participants.
- The shooting for the 2008 blockbuster, Taare Zameen Par, initially began under Gupte’s direction; however, just a week into the shoot, ‘Mr. Perfectionist’ realized that Gupte was looking incompetent to do justice to such a sensitive subject. Hence, Aamir Khan himself took charge and became the director of the film.
- Not many people know that aside from being a filmmaker, Gupte is an ardent painter as well. Most of the Paintings/Drawings that Ishaan Awasthi (played by Darsheel Safary) ‘crafted’ in the film, were, in reality, made by none other than the veteran actor & director, Amole Gupte!
- He was the chairperson of the children’s film society for a period of 3 years (2012-2015).
- Gupte’s directorial ‘debut’ film, Stanley Ka Dabba (2011), which featured his son, Partho Gupte, in the lead role became a huge commercial and critical success. The movie that was made on a very small budget, minted over 4 crores in the first 2 weeks of its release. The movie even fetched his son the National Award for Best Child Artist.