|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Date of Birth||3 April 1955|
|Age (as in 2017)||62 Years|
|Birth Place||Thiruvananthapuram, Travancore-Cochin, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Thiruvananthapuram, Travancore-Cochin, India|
|College/University||S.I.E.S. College, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelor's degree in science
Bachelor's degree in law
|Debut||Playback Singer: Film- Gaman/ Song- Ajeeb saaneha mujh par guzar gaya yaaro
TV: All India Sur Singaar Competition (Winner)
|Family||Father- Anantha Subramani
Mother- Shrimati Alamelu
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Reading, Playing Musical Instruments & Travelling|
|Popular Album(s)||1985: Aabshar-e-Ghazal
1996: Jashn, Halka Nasha
2005: Lahore Ke Rang Hari Ke Sang and Guftagoo
|Awards & Recognition(s)||1998: National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer
1995: Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer
2011: Asianet Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer
2011: Kerala State Film Award for Best Singer
2004: He was honoured with Padma Shri
2009: National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer
2004: Swaralaya-Kairali-Yesudas Award For his outstanding contribution to Indian film music
|Favourite Food(s)||South Indian Cuisines & Italian Cuisines|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar, Shahrukh Khan|
|Favourite Actresses||Sridevi, Tabu, Karisma Kapoor, Rekha, Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan, Mehdi Hassan|
|Favourite Singer(s)||A. R. Rahman, Shreya Ghoshal, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1984|
|Children||Son- Karan Hariharan
Daughter- Lavanya Hariharan
|Salary (as an event performer)||15 lacs/event (INR)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1.5 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hariharan
- Does Hariharan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Hariharan drink alcohol?: No
- He is the son of renowned Carnatic vocalists Shrimati Alamelu (Mother) and started learning Indian Classical music from his father H.A.S. Mani.
- In his teenage, he was very much inspired by Mehdi Hassan and soon developed passion towards Ghazals.
- In 1977, he won a singing show “All India Sur Singaar Competition” and became a famous face. After listening to his voice, late music director Jaidev got immensely impressed and signed on him to sing a song ‘ Ajeeb Saaneha Mujh Par Guzar Gaya yaaron’ for his film ‘Gaman’ (1978).
- In 1992, he entered the Tamil Film Industry, where he sang a patriotic song ‘Thamizha Thamizha’ with music director A. R. Rahman.
- He is also a prominent Ghazal singer and has more than thirty Ghazal albums to his credit. Some of his famous Ghazal albums are Gulfam, Aabshar-e-Ghazal, Jashn, and many more. He has collaborated with great Tabla Maestro Zakir Hussain for his album ‘Hazir’.
- His son Akshay Hariharan and daughter Lavanya Hariharan are also playback singers.
- He is an extremely versatile singer and sang various popular songs such as ‘Tu Hi Re’, ‘Chanda Re Chanda Re’, ‘Hai Rama Ye Kya Hua’, ‘Bahon Ke Darmiyan’, and many more, which broke all the records and became chartbusters of that time.
- Here in this video, Hariharan is narrating his musical journey at Google Talks.