|Famous Role||Inder Lal Parihaar in the Hindi film 'Sanam Teri Kasam' (2016)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 74 kg
in Pounds- 163 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Telugu film Thakita Thakita (2010)
TV: Left Right Left (2008)
|Awards||He was nominated at the Stardust Awards 2017 for Best Debut Male for the movie Sanam Teri Kasam.|
|Date of Birth||16 December 1983 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2021)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|College/University||Bhagat Singh College, Delhi|
|Hobbies||Workout, driving, photography, playing badminton and listening music|
|Tattoo||• He has 'Son of God' inked on his right hand.
• He has the release date of his film 'Sanam Teri Kasam' inked on his ring finger.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Kim Sharma (Actress) (Ex-girlfriend)
Minnakshi Das (Ex-girlfriend)
|Parents||Father- Vivek Rane (Doctor)
Mother- Swarnarekha Rao (Housewife)
|Food||Dosa, pastry and pootarekulu|
|Car Collection||He owns a jeep.
|Bike Collection||He owns a Royal Enfield bike and a BMW bike.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harshvardhan Rane
- Harshvardhan Rane is a popular Indian Bollywood actor who rose to fame with his debut in the Hindi movie ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ (2016) as Inder Lal Parihaar.
- He was born to a Tegulu mother and Maharashtrian father in 1983.
- When he was 15 years old, he ran away from his house with only Rs. 200 in his pocket. In an interview, he said,
The fact that people told me that I wouldn’t be able to make it. Even as a kid, I would go out of my way to prove that things could be done if one tried enough. When it came to acting, many told me, ‘Yeh kya hain? Yeh toh koi profession bhi nahin hain.’ I was asked questions like, ‘Who do you know in Bombay? How will you survive?’ I just wanted to get out of Gwalior. I ran away not just from my home but also from a society that kept telling me what is possible and what is not. That’s what I am still running away from… people who have no vision, no faith, no belief.”
- Rane was interested in modelling since childhood, and he left studies to pursue a career as an actor.
- Later, he started training at Barry John Acting Studio and performed at various theatrical ventures. He did the Indian adaptation of Tennessee Williams’ works.
- He later went to Mumbai to become a film actor. He got a chance to make his acting debut with the show ‘Left Right Left’ on SAB TV as Cadet Rummy Gaur in 2007.
- In 2010, he made his film debut with the Telugu movie ‘Thakita Thakita’. He did many other Telugu movies including Avunu (2012), Maaya (2014), Brother of Bommali (2014), Kavacham (2018) and others.
- He made cameos in the Telugu movies ‘Bengal Tiger’ (2015) and ‘Fidaa’ (2017).
- He did other Hindi movies that include ‘Paltan’ (2018), ‘Taish’ (2020), ‘Haseen Dillruba’ (2021).
- He was offered negative roles in films but he did not accept the offer, and because of that, he had to suffer for three years.
- As a part-time job, he did carpentry to earn money. In an interview, he talked about choosing such a career and said,
I started buying old furniture from Nampally Station (in Hyderabad) and retextured it…. Ameer logon ko distressed look bahut pasand hain (laughs), toh main woh karke unko bech deta tha. Usse mere khaane-peene ka ho jaata tha. That taught me a lot and even today my WhatsApp status says ‘Carpenter.’”
- In 2004, he worked as a delivery boy, and he delivered a helmet to actor John Abraham. Hindustan Times
- In 2021, Harshvardhan revealed that he did many small jobs from 2002-2004 before he became an actor. When he was young, he faced problems speaking in English, and to learn English for free, he joined a call centre. In an interview, he said,
Between 2002 to 2004, I also worked as a waiter, courier boy, at an STD booth, cyber cafe, and even assisted a DJ when I didn’t have money. That time people would say it’s important to learn English. It then became my goal to learn the language. I looked around for coaching classes, but I didn’t have money to pay for them. So, I joined a call centre. At call centres, they used to give training in soft skills and English.”
- In 2021, he sold his bike to help people who were affected by Covid-19. He was also admitted to the hospital as he got Covid positive in 2020.
- In 2021, he shared a picture on Twitter in which he was compared to WWE wrestler Roman Reigns.
- He runs a Shirt-off fund that is a sale of garage products through which he raises funds for a girl who lost her parents due to HIV. The name of the girl is Swati. She was adopted by Harshvardhan when she was four. In an interview, he talked about the fund and said,
It’s called so because I was giving my shirts away and turning them into notebooks, in a way. I was thinking of a way to secure a girl child’s education. People used to call me for donations and I couldn’t relate to that because I have spent most of my life trying to support myself. Earlier I thought that I’d make furniture and give it to orphanages, but that wasn’t a practical thought. Then I thought I would give away clothes, but that wouldn’t help much either. That’s when I thought of a garage sale, the proceeds of which, go towards Swati’s education.”
- On his Instagram, he posted about his breakup with Kim Sharma in 2020 and wrote, “K, Thank you gentle soul! It was amazing, and much more. God bless you, and God bless me too. Bye. H.” Talking about his breakup, he said,
What went wrong is my DNA. It is clear that I was single for the last 12 years. There has to be a reason for sure because nothing happens without any reason. I started dating her and she is the most fun person on this planet earth.”
- He likes to travel, and he often posts pictures on social media.
- He is really fond of cats and posts pictures of his pet cat on social media.
- He is a fitness freak, and he often posts pictures of his workout on social media. Harshvardhan Rane- Instagram
- In 2022, he was featured in the Telugu film Brundavanamadi Andaridi, Hindi film Kun Faya Kun and Tara Vs Bilal.