Height: 6' 2"
Age: 38 Years
Wife: Miheeka Bajaj
|Real Name||Ramanaidu Daggubati|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 102 kg
in Pounds- 225 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 46 Inches
- Waist: 35 Inches
- Biceps: 18.5 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||14 December 1984|
|Age (as of 2022)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamilnadu, India|
|Hometown||Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Hyderabad Public School, Hyderabad|
|College||Chennai Film School, Chennai|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate (Industrial Photography)|
|Debut||Production: Bommalata (2004)
Film: Leader (2010, Telugu film)
Dum Maaro Dum (2011, Bollywood)
|Awards||2023: Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Telugu) award at the South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA), held at the Dubai World Trade Centre, UAE, for the film 'Bheemla Nayak'|
|Family||Father- Daggubati Suresh Babu (Film producer)
Mother- Lakshmi Daggubati
Brother- Abhiram Daggubati (Younger)
Sister- Malavika Daggubati (Younger)
|Address||Film Nagar, Hyderabad, India|
|Hobbies||Recycling waste products, photography, boxing, diving, cooking|
|Controversies||• He had a Twitter spat with actor Vikram in February 2013, after Vikram gave a statement about Rana that, "Look at Rana. He started in the Telugu industry and came to Bollywood but he hadn't made any headway in the south. Now he's not bothered about the Telugu industry," this statement from Vikram kickstarted the entire issue.
To this, Rana repied back on twitter by saying, "Dear Mr.Vikram I see you quote me and my directions in quite a few media interactions of yours recently. It is best if you focus on your...Career that isn't headed in the right direction with close to 10 odd disasters in your kitty I'm barely 2 1/2yrs old as an actor and.....You are almost close to 25yrs. Stay put on urs as I am on mine not take anything away still a huge fan of few of your films".
• In February 2023, he was named in a land grabbing case along with his father, D. Suresh Babu. Reportedly, a local businessman named Pramod Kumar filed a complaint against them, accusing them of pressuring him to vacate land that belongs to him following which the third additional chief metropolitan magistrate court at Nampall issued summons to them. In the complaint, Pramod Kumar mentioned that in 2014, Suresh Babu leased out the disputed land in Shaikpet to him, and after the lease was ended, Suresh Babu allegedly decided to sell the property to him for Rs 18 crore, and after he paid Rs 5 crores, Suresh Babu cancelled the deal and registered the property to his son Rana’s name. Telangana Today
• In August 2023, during a pre-release event for the film 'King of Kotha,' Rana praised actor Dulquer Salmaan for his patience on set but made a controversial remark about Sonam Kapoor for being distracted on her phone discussing London shopping, which, according to him, affected the film's shot quality. NDTV Rana Daggubati, at the event, said,
Dulquer was my junior at acting school. We became friends there. He is a very polite person. He’s doing a Hindi movie and the producers are my friends. The shoot was happening near my house. I went there to meet Dulquer. While he was standing in the corner with the spot boy, a big Hindi heroine who was doing that movie was engrossed in a phone conversation about shopping in London with her husband. Her lack of focus affected the shots’ quality, frustrating those on set. Despite the disruptions caused by the situation, Dulquer remained patient and understanding, defusing tension and maintaining a harmonious environment."
Rana's statement led to backlash against Sonam, who later responded by sharing a quote by the former first lady of the United States Eleanor Roosevelt on Instagram. Rana Daggubati, on the other hand, then apologised to Sonam on X, formerly Twitter, and clarified that his remarks were intended as playful banter between friends, and he regretted the misinterpretation.
|Food||Haleem, biryani, grilled shrimpushi, sashimi, sushi, chicken Afghani, chicken Pakistani, talawa gosht|
|Actor||Kamal Hassan, Akshay Kumar|
|Film||Bollywood: Piku, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, 3 Idiots, PK, A Wednesday
Malayalam: Bangalore Days
|Restaurant||Pista House in Hyderabad|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Engagement Date||12 May 2020 (Tuesday)|
|Marriage Date||8 August 2020|
|Marriage Place||Ramanaidu Studios, Hyderabad
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Trisha Krishna (Actress, Ex-girlfriend)
• Miheeka Bajaj (Interior Designer)
|Car/Bike Collection||Mercedes Benz SUV|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rana Daggubati
- Does Rana Daggubati smoke?: No
- Rana was born to a family of film background as his grandfather D Ramanaidu was in the film business for over 50 years, his father Suresh is a producer and his uncle Venkatesh (his father’s younger brother) an actor.
- His cousin Naga Chaitanya is also a Tollywood actor.
- Actor Ram Charan was his classmate in school.
- He failed in 10th standard.
- After his schooling, he started pursuing B.Com but dropped out after 2 months.
- After completing his photography course in Chennai, he returned to Hyderabad and modelled for a few ads and started assisting at the studio. There he learned about the 3D camera, after which he along with his father set up a visual effects DI unit in Hyderabad, where he worked for 5 years.
- Later, he co-produced a festival film called A Belly Full of Dreams (2006) in Telugu that won a National Award, after which he made his mind to join films.
- For acting, he went to Barry John’s acting school in Mumbai, did martial arts and then went to a stunt school in the US.
- As a kid, he was blind from his right eye and used to see only with his left eye. Later, he got operated and was cured.
- He is best friends with Ram Charan and Allu Arjun.
- He was in a very long relationship with a girl while he was in college, but now she is married to someone else.
- He and Prabhas became best friends while shooting for Baahubali.