Some Lesser Known Facts About Kim Sharma
- Kim Sharma is an Indian actress, who has worked predominantly in the Hindi film industry.
- After completing her schooling at a boarding school (10th standard), Kim returned to her hometown, Ahmednagar, to pursue further studies. However, coming from a boarding school, where most of the girls were from aboard, living and studying in Ahmednagar came as a cultural shock for her. As a result, as soon as she reached the 12th standard, she called its quits.
- While on a trip to Delhi, Kim auditioned for a close-up advertisement. She got selected and eventually started to feature in advertisements for many popular brands like Sunsilk, Fair & Lovely, Pepsi, etc.
- Kim made her big-screen debut with Aditya Chopra’s (Directorial) debut film Mohabbatein (2000), which had Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan in the lead roles. The movie became a massive success at the box office.
- However, she failed to make a mark in Bollywood thereafter. Her name would often appear in the newspaper though owing to her love affairs.
- She had featured in 3 films in 2003, which include Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai (as Bobby Gujral), Kehtaa Hai Dil Baar Baar (as Ritu Patel), and Khadgam (as Pooja).
- Some other films she featured in include ‘Money Hai Toh Honey Hai’ in 2008 as Sara, ‘Magadheera’ in 2009 in a special appearance, ‘Anjaneyalu’ in 2009 in an item song, and ‘Yagam’ in 2010 as Sophie.
- She also appeared in the 30th episode of the TV show Carry on Shekhar.
- Between 2008 to 2010, Kim wanted to settle down with her Spanish boyfriend Carlos and shift to Madrid with him.
- After many failed relationships, she finally got married to the Kenya-based business tycoon, Ali Punjani, who had just divorced his first wife, with whom he had 3 children. While in Kenya, Kim took up the field of hospitality and became a hotelier.
- She took a break from acting and started focusing on her new career in the field of hospitality in the extravagant hotel business of Ali. In an interview, she was asked about her change of career to which she replied,
It’s been over a year now and I must confess that it has been a superb journey and I have enjoyed every bit of it. Of course there is a huge difference between what I was doing earlier (actress) and what I am doing now (entrepreneur), but it has just helped me evolve as an individual, in the most beautiful manner. It’s not just the change of location and profession for me, everything is different. From being a single lady, I am now a married woman. Life has changed 180 degrees. There are so many responsibilities. It’s a whole new life.”
She further stated that she did not miss acting at all. She said,
No, not at all! I miss my family the most, when I am there. I miss my friends as well, but I make sure I am in regular touch with most of them. And as far as acting is concerned I enjoyed acting and being a part of Bollywood and now I am enjoying being an entrepreneur and venturing as a hotelier and have no plans to get back to acting any time soon.”
- However, her marriage with Ali Punjani failed in 2016, when the couple had an ugly separation.
- In 2021, Kim was rumoured to be dating Indian Tennis player Leander Paes as she was seen holidaying with him in Goa. She confirmed the news through a post on her Instagram handle.
- Popular Bollywood actor, Arjun Rampal, is her maternal cousin.
- Does Kim Sharma drink alcohol: Yes