Age: 39 Years
Husband: Nihaar Pandya
|Full Name||Neeti Mohan Sharma|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Music Composer|
|Famous For||Her songs:
• "Jiya Re" - Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012)
• "Ishq Wala Love" - Student of the Year (2012)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-32|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Bollywood (Actress): Socha Na Tha (2005)
Singles (Solo Song): "Ja Ja" (2012)
Bollywood (Singer): "Ishq Wala Love" - Student of the Year (2012)
Telugu (Singer): "Viyyalavaru" - Tadakha (2013)
Bengali (Singer): "Korishna Rangbaazi" - Rangbaaz (2013)
Tamil (Singer): "Thiruda Thiruda" & "Star Jolykkuthendru" - Ner Ethir (2014)
Marathi (Singer): "Dhooan Ha Dhooan" - Hello Nandan (2014)
Gujarati (Singer): "Rom Com" - Romance Complicated (2016)
Kannada (Singer): "Hello Mister" - Kotigobba 2 (2016)
TV: Yeh Hai Aashiqui - Season 4 (2016)
|Awards, Achievements||Filmfare Awards
2013: RD Burman Award - "Jiya Re" - Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012), and "Ishq Wala Love" - Student of the Year (2012)
LIVE Quotient Awards
2015: Best Singer/Performer
Mirchi Music Awards
2012: Upcoming Female Vocalist of The Year - "Jiya Re" - Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012)
2017: Indie Pop Song of the Year - "Man Marziyan" - Super 8 Womaniya Special: Happy Women's Day (2017)
Dada Saheb Phalke Film Foundation Award
2018: Best Playback Singer (Female)
|Date of Birth||18 November 1979|
|Age (as in 2018)||39 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|School||Birla Balika Vidyapeeth, Pilani|
|College/University||Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||B. A. (Hons.) Philosophy|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian (Earlier, she was a Non-Vegetarian)|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Dancing, Long Drives|
|Relationships & More|
|Affair/Boyfriend||Nihaar Pandya (Actor, Model)
|Marriage Date||15 February 2019 (with Nihaar Pandya)|
|Marriage Place||Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad|
|Parents||Father- Brij Mohan Sharma (a Government Officer & a Writer)
Mother- Kusum Mohan (a Homemaker)
• Shakti Mohan (Younger, Dancer)
• Mukti Mohan (Younger, Dancer)
• Kriti Mohan (Younger)
|Favourite Food(s)||Falafel, Veg Pulao, Dal, Bhindi Mirch Masala, Angoori Rabdi, Crispy Potato, Cheese aur Subz ki Sheekh, Paneer ke Shikanje|
|Favourite Beverage(s)||Spicy Guava, Lychee Honey|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Ranveer Singh, Tom Hanks|
|Favourite Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood- Satte Pe Satta
Hollywood- The Sound of Music, Lord of the Rings
|Favourite Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Mohit Chauhan, Ed Sheeran, Arijit Singh, Benny Dayal, Armaan Malik|
|Favourite Music Director(s)||A. R. Rahman, Amit Trivedi, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Shankar Ehsan Loy, Vishal-Shekhar, Mithoon, Amaal Malik|
|Favourite Song||"Dil Se Re" by A. R Rahman - Dil Se (1998)|
|Favourite Band||Silk Route|
|Favourite Lyricist||Amitabh Bhattacharya|
|Favourite Concert Venue||The O2 Arena, Wembley, London|
|Favourite Jewellery Brand(s)||Cartier, Tiffany & Co., Harry Winston|
|Favourite TV Show||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa|
|Favourite Restaurant||Pebbles in Mumbai|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Ladakh, Iceland, Dubai
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neeti Mohan
- Does Neeti Mohan smoke?: No
- Does Neeti Mohan drink alcohol?: No
- Neeti was born into a middle-class musically enthusiast family with roots in Jaipur, Rajasthan. She, along with her sisters, had a strict and disciplined upbringing.
- In her childhood, she used to travel to Iskcon Temple in Vrindavan with her family. Watching Lord Krishna’s devotees over there playing mridangam, singing and dancing developed her interest in music.
- She was a popular singer in her school and had won many prizes in school and inter-school singing competitions.
- She has always been fond of her mother’s jewellery, and when she passed her 10th exams, her mother gifted her a gold pendant with her name written on it.
- In her college, she used to actively participate in music, dance, dramatics, and National Cadet Corps (NCC).
- After watching the American film ‘The Sound of Music’ (1965), and repeatedly hearing A. R. Rahman‘s music in Roja (1992) and Bombay (1995), she decided to pursue a career in music. Moreover, she credits her college for shaping her career as an artist.
- She received the training in singing from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, New Delhi. She learnt Hindustani classical for a decade.
- The year 2003 proved to be a turning point in her life; as she became the co-winner of ‘Channel V Popstars Season 2’ contest, which later formed a band named, Aasma.
- After joining the ‘Aasma’ band, she moved from Delhi to Mumbai and began her professional music career.
- Her father encouraged and helped her make her first single “Ja Ja,” which was released in 2012.
- The same year, she made a sensational singing debut in Bollywood; as her first two songs “Jiya Re” – Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012) and “Ishq Wala Love” – Student of the Year (2012), earned her numerous awards and accolades.
- She never leaves her house without a recording bag.
- She is an avid dog lover and has a beagle named Frodo. Moreover, she named him after her favourite Hobbit from the film, Lord of the Rings (2001).
- She is eco-friendly and is very particular about cleanliness. Moreover, she doesn’t use plastic bottles and has a dustbin in her car.
- She considers the song “Dhadaam Dhadaam” from the film ‘Bombay Velvet’ (2015); as the most difficult song of her career.