|Real Name||Hashim Mahomed Amla|
|Profession||South African Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 34 inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|International Debut||Test- 28 November 2004 vs India in Kolkata
ODI- 9 March 2008 vs Bangladesh in Chittagong
T20- 13 January 2009 vs Australia in Brisbane
|Jersey Number||#1(South Africa)
#1(IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||South Africa, Cape Cobras, Derbyshire, Dolphins, Essex, KwaZulu-Natal, Kings XI Punjab|
|Nature on field||Calm
|Likes to play against||India and England
|Favourite Shot||Cover drive|
|Records (main ones)||• 1st ever South African to hit a Test match triple hundred (311 not out) against England in 2012.
• He holds the record to reach 3000 ODI runs at the quickest rate, even 12 innings less than Sir Vivian Richards.
• He and AB De Villers holds the record for the highest 3rd wicket stand in ODI cricket by any South African batting pair.
• He holds the record to reach 10 ODI centuries at the quickest rate, even 23 matches less than Virat Kohli. .
• He holds the record to be the quickest to get 15 ODI centuries (89 matches).
• He holds the ODI record as the fastest batsman to get 2000 (40 innings), 3000 (59 innings), 4000 (81 innings), 5000 (101 innings) and 6000 (123 innings). runs in ODIs.
• He and AB de Villers holds the record for the highest partnership in Tests and 4th wicket partnership as well (308 runs) by any South African batting pair, against West Indies in 2014.
• He and Faf du Plessis holds the record for the highest partnership by South Africa batting pair (247 runs) against Ireland in 2015.
|Career Turning Point||Performance in the 2002 Under-19 Cricket World Cup in New Zealand.|
|Date of Birth||31 March 1983|
|Age (as in 2016)||33 Years|
|Birth Place||Durban, Natal Province, South Africa|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Durban, Natal Province, South Africa|
|School||Durban High School, Durban|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Mahomed H. Amla
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Ahmed Amla (Cricketer)
|Controversies||In 2013, Australia commentator Dean Jones called him a 'terrorist' during a Test match against Sri Lanka in Colombo as he said that "the terrorist has got another wicket" when he took a catch. Though, Dean Jones apologized after it but he was removed from the job.
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman: Jacques Kallis and AB de Villiers
Bowler: Dale Steyn
|Favourite Food||Chicken dishes|
|Favourite Actor||Bruce Lee|
|Girls, Family & More|
Some lesser known facts about Hashim Amla
- Does Hashim Amla smoke?: No
- Does Hashim Amla drink alcohol?: No
- Amla is often called The Bearded Batting Maestro due to his achievements as a batsman.
- He belongs to a Gujarati family background.
- He is a disciplined follower of Islam and has refused to wear any jersey with alcohol company’s logo on it. Once he even paid $500 fine for not wearing it.
- His ODI century scoring rate is better than Virat Kohli. Till the end of 2014, he scored 16 centuries from 98 ODI’s. Kohli has scored 20 in 144 ODI’s.
- In 2010, he scored more than 1000 runs in both Tests and ODIs.
- In 2013, he won the Wisden Cricketers of the Year Award.
- After Ricky Ponting, he was the only batsman to be ranked #1 in both Test and ODI ICC rankings in 2013.
- He occasionally bowls off-spin.
- During the IPL9 in 2016, he debut in IPL for Kings XI Punjab by replacing injured Shaun Marsh.
- His elder brother, Ahmed is a professional cricketer in South African domestic cricket.
- He is the 4th batsman ever to hit an ODI hundred against all Test playing countries.
- Thought, he became the South Africa’s Test captain in 2014, but it really affected his batting and in January 2016, he stepped down of his captaincy.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)