|Full Name||Glenn James Maxwell|
|Nickname||The Big Show and Maxi|
|Profession||Australian Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 73 kg
in Pounds- 161 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Eye Colour||Light blue|
|International Debut||Test- 2 March 2012 vs India in Hyderabad
ODI- 25 August 2012 vs Afghanistan in Sharjah
T20- 5 September 2012 vs Pakistan in Dubai
|Jersey Number||#32 (Australia)
#32 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||Australia, Victoria, Cricket Australia Chairmans XI, Melbourne Renegades, Delhi Daredevils, Hampshire, Melbourne Stars, Mumbai Indians, Surrey, Australia A, Kings XI Punjab, Yorkshire|
|Nature on field||Very Aggressive
|Likes to play against||India and England
|Favourite Shot/Ball||Switch Hit|
|Records (main ones)||• Fastest domestic 50 by an Australian, as he scored a 19-ball fifty for Victoria against Tasmania in Ryobi One-Day Cup 2011.
• Joint-fastest 50 for Australia in ODIs which he scored against India in Bangalore in 2013.
• Joint-fastest 50 of 18-balls for Australia in T20 along with David Warner, against Pakistan in Mirpur.
|Career Turning Point||His quick 19-ball half century against Tasmania in the Ryobi One-Day Cup 2011.|
|Date of Birth||14 October 1988|
|Age (as in 2019)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Kew, Victoria, Australia|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Neil Maxwell
Mother- Joy Maxwell
Brother- Daniel Maxwell
|Controversies||He got angry at being dismissed in a Champions League T20 (CLT20) 2014 match and in frustration he hit a dustbin, after which apologized on twitter.|
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Adam Gilchrist, Micheal Hussey, Jonty Rhodes and Michael Bevan
Bowler: Shane Warne
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Jayne Egeberg
• Candice Wyatt (Partner, Journalist & News Presenter)
• Vini Raman (Pharmacist; a Melbourne-based Indian girl)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Glenn Maxwell
- Does Glenn Maxwell smoke?: No
- Does Glenn Maxwell drink alcohol?: Yes
- Maxwell started his cricketing career as a fast bowler, but later turned into an off spin bowler and aggressive batsman.
- In 2011, he made his First-Class debut for Victoria against New South Wales.
- In 2012, he made his IPL debut for Delhi Daredevils, but played only 2 games for them.
- He is said to have mannerisms like former Australian captain Ricky Ponting on the field.
- After Australia won the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, while he was busy in the on-field interviews with the media, he left the interview in the mid-way after he saw Sachin Tendulkar walking past, and hugged him.
- He was declared the Player of the Tournament in IPL 7 in 2014 for his spectacular batting.
- In 2014, during the 3rd ODI between Australia and Pakistan at Abu Dhabi where Pakistan only needed 2 runs to win in the final over with 2 wickets in hand. He did the impossible by bowling a double wicket maiden as Australia won by 1 run.
- In December 2019, having stayed away from the game for close to two months due to mental health matters, Glenn Maxwell returned to the Big Bash League and was also keen to return to the Australian team. While Australian coach Justin Langer noticed that Maxwell lacked his regular enthusiasm against Sri Lanka, the swashbuckling batsman said it was his girlfriend Vini who noticed first. While talking about his mental depression, he said,
I was pretty cooked when I decided to take the time off. Big reason why I did take that time away is I was pretty mentally and physically ruined. I think it was eight months on the road, living out of a suitcase and that probably had been going on for four or five years, just constantly on the road and it all just caught up with me at that time. I really want to thank Cricket Australia, Cricket Victoria and the Stars for giving me that space and allowing me to have that time away from the game and get myself right. It was actually my partner who suggested I speak to someone, she was the first one who noticed it, so I should probably thank her as well. Once I had that initial conversation it was a big weight off my shoulders. My girlfriend was probably No. 1, it wasn’t an easy job for her to deal with me going through my mood swings for the first few weeks, but Michael Lloyd was the guy I had the initial conversation with, he’s been someone who I’ve confided in since back in the academy days, so I’ve known him for well over a decade now.”