|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||OTT Series: Ms. Marvel (2022)
|Date of Birth||3 September 2002 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||19 Years|
|College/University||Unionville High School|
|Relationships & More|
Mother- Nurse practitioner
|Siblings||Brother- Her brother is six years older than her and is an Engineer by profession. The Guardian|
|Actor||Robert John Downey Jr.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Iman Vellani
- Iman Vellani is a Hollywood actress who rose to fame in 2022 with her debuting role as a Marvel superhero.
- She was born in Pakistan and her parents migrated with her to Canada when she was just one year old. Esquire
- In 2019, she went to the Toronto International Film Festival to participate as a TIFF Next Wave Committee member. The Ms. Marvel series was announced in the same year, which grabbed Vellani’s attention.
- Vellani has been a big fan of Marvel and Iron Man since childhood and decided to try her luck at Ms. Marvel’s auditions. She was auditioned for the lead role of Kamala Khan in Ms. Marvel through a Zoom call. Sana Amanat, the co-creator of Kamala Khan’s character, auditioned her, and during the audition, she found out that Vellani was a huge Marvel fan.
- During the audition, Vellani showed her entire room to Sana Amanat, the Co-executive producer of the Ms. Marvel project. Sana was impressed looking at Vellani’s whole room filled with Marvel posters. She highlighted Vellani’s audition to the team as she was much similar to the lead character of Ms. Marvel and was a Marvel fan as well. In an interview, Sana talked about it and said,
She showed me every corner of her room, and it was covered with Avengers. Then she said, ‘Oh wait, I’m not done’, opened up her closet, and there was more Marvel everywhere.’
- After completing her graduation, Vellani planned to go to the Ontario College of Art & Design University to study Integrated media, but fate had other plans. The Hollywood Reporter In September 2020, on her last day at high school, she was selected to play the lead role of Kamala Khan in Ms. Marvel.
- In 2020, she tried her hands at direction and directed two short films: I don’t wanna b alone Vimeo and Push. Vimeo
- A few days before the release of her series, she also appeared in a short documentary film, A Fan’s Guide to Ms. Marvel. This short film covered interviews with Vellani and the filmmaking team.
- This mini-series was released on 8 September 2022 on Disney+. The critic and viewers positively reviewed the series and Vellani’s performance. She co-starred with Laurel Marsden, Yasmeen Fletcher, Mohan Kapur, Azhar Usman, Matt Lintz, Saagar Shaikh, and Zenobia Shroff in this mini-series. This mini-series was created as a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) which has entered its fourth phase with new superheroes and their supporting characters.
- Vellani belongs to a Muslim family and played the character of Kamala, who had the same origin as her. In an interview, she talked about this experience and said,
Growing up, I felt very disconnected from my culture and religion because I grew up in Canada. I didn’t have any brown friends that weren’t from my mosque and I didn’t hang out with them. Filming the show, I learned so much about my ancestry. That’s such a special thing I get to share with the character, and that’s because I was working with so many incredible creators who were from a Muslim or Pakistani background.’ The Guardian
- Vellani is also cast for the next film of the Marvel franchise titled The Marvel, which will release on 28 July 2023.