|Real Name||Vivek Gomber Firstpost|
|Profession(s)||Actor and Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film (as actor): The President is Coming (2009) as 'Rohit Seth'
Film (as producer): Court (2014)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won National Award in 2014 for 'Best Feature Film' for the movie Court (2014) as a producer.
• His film Court (2014) won Golden Lotus Award for Best Feature Film in 2016
• His film Court (2014) won Golden Gateway of India for Best Film in Mumbai Film Festival 2014
• His film Court (2014) won Amplify Voices award at Toronto International Film Festival 2020
• His film Court (2014) won Best Feature Film at the 62nd National Film Awards in 2015
|Date of Birth||Year, 1979|
|Age (as of 2020)||41 Years|
|College/University||Emerson College in Boston|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Fine Arts GQ India|
|Relationships & More|
|Affair/Girlfriend||Maya Sarao (Actress)
|Parents||Father- Vinod Gomber (Banker)
Mother- Meena Gomber (High Court judge in Rajasthan)
|Film||Bollywood- Agneepath (1990)
Hollywood- The Big Lebowski (1998)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vivek Gomber
- Does Vivek Gomber drink alcohol?: Yes
- Vivek Gomber is an Indian actor and producer who is best known for the film Court (2014) in which he played the role of a lawyer, and he also received the National Award for the film as a producer in 2014. He was an investment banker before becoming an actor. He moved to Mumbai from his hometown, Jaipur, in 2002 to make a career as an actor.
- When he was 11 years old, he shifted to Singapore with his father due to his father’s job transfer. He took admission into the Singapore Army for the duration of 2 years on the demand 0f his parents.
- He has worked in a few movies like Morning Fog (2006), The President is Coming (2009), Mumbai calling (2007), SIR (2018), and Court (2014). The actor was also seen in Mira Nair’s (an American-Indian filmmaker) web series “A Suitable Boy” in which he played the role of Arun Mehra, the husband of Shahana Goswami. The web series was premiered on 26 July 2020 on BBC One. The web series also includes famous Bollywood stars like Ishaan Khatter, Tabbu, Namit Das, Rasika Dugal. In an interview, he was asked about his career to which he replied,
Where am I in my career? “I’m 41. I want to work as much as I can, in projects I believe in. It took [me] so long to be in a position where I finished a job and had another one ready. I feel like I’m just starting.”
- As a producer, he has produced two famous movies Court (2014) and The Disciple (2020). His first movie as a producer is Court (2014), which was directed by Chaitanya Tamhane. The movie Court is the first film to enter under foreign-language film from India in Academy Award 2016, it was also screened in the Orizzonti (Horizons) category at the Venice Film Festival in 2016. In an interview with GQ, when he was asked to comment on working with director Chaitanya Tamhane, he replied,
He’s a taskmaster, who works just as hard, and makes you better. It’s quite a lot when you are 31 and someone who is 21 and hasn’t done much, is giving you shit. But I’m not that kind of an actor. I know the hierarchy, whoever is the director is the boss. It doesn’t matter what gender or age – could be a fucking five-year-old. Your job as an actor is to serve the script and the director’s vision.”
- Vivek Gomber was the protagonist in the movie Court (2014). For this role, he gained 17 kgs of weight and studied many lawyer’s personalities to get into the character.
- As a producer, both his films Court (2014) and The Disciple (2020) have been premiered at the Venice Film Festival. The Disciple (2020) is the first Indian film after the movie “Monsoon Wedding” (2001) to compete in Venice’s Golden Lion. The Disciple is the second collaboration of Vivek Gomber with Marathi director Chaitanya Tamhane. The movie won Federation Internationale de la Presse CInematographique (FIPRESCI) Award at the 77th Venice International Film Festival 2020 in Venice. Four-time Oscar-winning filmmaker Alfonso Cuarón is an executive producer for the movie The Disciple. The Hindu
- Vivek Gomber and director Chaitanya Tamhane together own a production house named Zoo Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The movie Court and The Disciple was produced under the same production banner.
- His movie “Is Love Enough? SIR” (2020) was submitted to the Film Federation of India to be considered as the country’s official entry for the Oscars 2021 in the International Feature Film category. The film, which was supported by the Hollywood agency ICM Partners, was slated to get sold through this agency in Anglophone markets in the U.K., U.S. and Australia, and in other territories. The movie debuted at Cannes Critics Week in 2018 and won the Gan Foundation Support for Distribution prize. It is also the first nationwide theatrical release, post the COVID-19 pandemic. In an interview, when Vivek was asked about how he felt about the release of his movie “Is Love Enough? SIR” (2020) during a pandemic, he replied,
I am happy cinemas are opening and I hope people will go watch “Is Love Enough? SIR,” while being careful too.”