|Real name||Shruti Sawant The Times of India|
|Stage Name||Ineya Shruti Sawant- Facebook|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 59 kg
in pounds- 130.073 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-25-35|
|Debut||Film: Actor- Saira (2005)
TV: Child artist- Koottilekku
|Awards||• She won the Edison Award for Best Debut Actress for the movie Vaagai Sooda Vaa. (2011)
• She won the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actress for the movie Vaagai Sooda Vaa. (2011)
• She was nominated for Vijay Award for Best Debut Actress for the movie Vaagai Sooda Vaa. (2011)
• She was nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Actress (Tamil) for the movie Vaagai Sooda Vaa. (2011)
• She won the Tamil Nadu State Film Awards for Best Actress for the movie Vaagai Sooda Vaa. (2011)
|Date of Birth||21 January 1991 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||30 Years|
|School||• She completed her primary studies in Amritha Vidyalaya, Kerala.
• For her higher studies, she went to Fort Girls Mission High School and Manakkad Karthika Thirunnal High School, Kerala.
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors of Business Administration|
|Hobbies||Reading books, Dancing, Listening to music|
|Controversy||In 2015, Ineya alleged a photographer Sarith C Varma for giving her pictures to be published in a magazine without her permission. She said that Sarith was getting money for their photographs to be published, but Sarith denied the allegations, saying that the photos were clicked during a photoshoot, and after the shoot, the pendrive was given to the publication. There were edited and unedited pictures of Ineya. He asked the publication not to publish the unedited pictures but they did. Ineya posted about the picture on Facebook as well. The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Salahuddin. S
Sister- Swathi (Actress)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ineya
- Ineya is an Indian actress who mostly works in Malayalam and Tamil movies.
- She made her television debut when she was studying in the fourth standard. She has done tele-serials like ‘Orma’ and ‘Sree Guruvayoorappan.’
- In 2005, she won the crown of Miss Trivandrum after which she started doing modelling and also appeared in various advertisements.
- After this, her career in movies started. She was seen in various movies like Dalamarmarangal (2009) and Umma (2011).
- In 2009, she appeared in a short film ‘The Sacred Face’ directed by Rajesh Touchriver. The film was based on child abuse.
- In 2010, she appeared in the Tamil film ‘Padagasalai’, which was her first Tamil film.
- In 2011, she was signed in the lead role in the film ‘Vaagai Sooda Vaa’ that won Tamil Nadu State Film Awards.
- She also gave special appearances in 2014 in some of the Tamil movies like ‘Ninaithathu Yaaro,’ ‘Kathai Thiraikathai Vasanam Iyakkam,’ ‘Oru Oorla Rendu Raja,’ ‘Oru Oorla Rendu Raja (Malayalam).’
- She was also the judge of the Malayalam reality show ‘Let’s Dance: Season 2’ in the same year.
- In 2016, she appeared in a Malayalam women-centric film, ‘Girls,’ in which she played the role of Sophie. Talking about the movie, she said that she got more attention in Tamil films than in Malayalam films.
- In 2017, Ineya replaced actress Varalaxmi Sarathkumar in the movie ‘Aakasha Mittayee’ as Varalaxmi had a difference of opinion with the team. In an interview, on replacing Varalaxmi, Ineya said,
I am not aware of what prompted Varalaxmi to call it quits. That said, I am quite comfortable with the team here, and the conviction that I could convincingly carry off the role of a mature mother, made them zero in on me. There is a lot of scope for performance.”
- In the same year, she was seen on the comedy show ‘Comedy Super Nite 2’ along with actress Usha to promote her film ‘Akasha Mittayi.’
- In 2017, she did a supernatural thriller ‘Pottu,’ which was her second thriller after ‘Masani’ in 2013.
- In 2019, she was very excited about her film ‘Mamangam.’ Talking about her excitement, in an interview, she said,
I play the character of Unnineeli, who would remind one of Shankuntala. I have a few combination scenes with Mammukka but I am not the female lead. But it’s an equally important role. I had to do a lot of lasya expressions as Unnineeli is an enchanting character.”
- She even went on a diet to tone her body for the film, and she used to read the dialogues without a teleprompter. The dialogues were in Malayalam, and she did not know the meaning of some words, but she made sure that she would know the meaning of the words and where to use them. She won ‘Prem Nazeer Foundation Awards’ in 2020 for her performance in the movie.
- In an interview, while talking about her stage name, she said,
The name Ineya brought about a big change in my life. Be it my career or other things, there has been a lot of positivity after changing my name.”
- In 2019, she also produced a music video, ‘Mia’ sung by her friend Sayonara Philip. The video got a good response and a film approached them for the song for the movie. She showed some of her dance moves in the video. Earlier, she said in an interview that the funds raised by the song would be given to cancer patients. She also added that she wanted to do something beyond entertainment.
- She also appeared in the ‘Flubbers- Instant Coffee Mix’ commercial in the same year.
- She was also seen on the cover of the Galatta Magazine in 2019.
- In 2020, she judged a Malayalam reality show, ‘Surya Jodi No.1.’
- She was last seen in the Kannada movie ‘Drona.’ Currently, she is filming for the movies ‘Coffee’ and ‘Colors’.
- During the initial days of the Covid-19 outbreak, she shared a video on Instagram and requested people to stay home and maintain social distancing.
- On her Twitter account, she keeps posting about her films and the films of her friends from the industry.