Some Lesser Known Facts About Jacob Dalton
- Does Jake Dalton smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jake Dalton drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Jake has earned All-American honor and was victorious in the NCAA championship in 2011.
- Jake and his team won a bronze medal in the 2011 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Tokyo and won an individual silver in the 2013 event.
- He has introduced a new component to the Code of Points, which has been accepted and registered under his name.
- Jacob has qualified twice for the Olympics. The first time was in 2012 and it was expected that they could break the twenty seven year old hex to win the gold but the team placed fifth. He is representing the US again in 2016 along with four other gymnasts.
- He has multi-year sponsorship with Adidas.
- Jake has two tattoos. One on the left side showing hands folded in prayer and a verse from the New Testament on the other side, which he got done before the 2012 Olympics.
- Another sign of faith on Dalton is the necklace that he wears, that says Psalm 28:7: “The Lord is my strength.”
- He believes in faith and says that the prayers have helped him overcome fear and competition. He suffered a shoulder injury in the 2012 Olympics, but his faith has kept him strong.
- He prays almost all through his workout and it is sort of his support system that pushes him forward and keeps him going and shining.
- Jacob played his part well in the 2016 US Olympic Trials scoring 15.60, standing close to Sam Mikulak’s score 15.80.
- He says, he might have not been a gymnast if it wasn’t for the day when he watched the TV show “American Anthem” when he was 6 years old. The show starred the 1984 gymnastics’ Olympic Champion Mitch Gaylord.
- When Jake’s baseball coach asked him to do gymnastics to strengthen his pitching arm, he did not know that Dalton might not be pitching again.
- Dalton’s parents bought the gym he was training in as it went up for sale and they wanted to make sure that Jacob and his sister have the facility to train.
- He also has an entrepreneurial side to himself and owns a clothing line called Mesomorphic, meaning “athletic or sturdy body build.”
- Jacob has two dogs that they had rescued. They are both labra mixes; the male is named Chase and the female is named as Chensey.
- He trains for around four hours a day at 1:00 to 5:00 PM, does workout for one hour in the morning. Eats 3-5 times a day and cooks most of his food by himself.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography