Some Lesser Known Facts About Jagdish Singh Khehar
- Does Jagdish Singh Khehar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jagdish Singh Khehar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Khehar was appointed as the Chief Justice of India on 13 September 2011 and will be the 44 the Chief Justice of India after the retirement of CJI T S Thakur on 44th January 2017.
- Justice Thakur recommended his name as his successor.
- He is the first ever Chief Justice of India from Sikh community.
- Before doing law, he graduated in science.
- He was awarded the Gold Medal after he secured 1st position in the Panjab University.
He led the 5-judge bench of the Supreme Court that struck down the controversial National Judicial Accountability Commission (NJAC) Act in 2015.
- He was also on the bench that sent Sahara India chief Subrata Roy to jail in a case relating to refund of monies to investors.