|Real Name||Tanushree Dutta|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-36|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||19 March 1984|
|Age (as of 2023)||39 Years|
|Birthplace||Jamshedpur, Bihar, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|School||DBMS English School, Jamshedpur|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (dropout)|
|Debut||Film: Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005)
|Controversies||Harassment and Misbehavior: While she was rehearsing her item number for the film 'Horn Ok Please' (2008), starring the veteran actor Nana Patekar, she had a weird experience. She alleged that her co-star Nana Patekar had misbehaved with her, and she got defensive when she was pushed against the wall by Nana Patekar. This caused a huge ruckus. Later, according to her statement in an interview, just after this incident happened, her car was crushed out of frustration and it was also alleged that there was an involvement of some political parties. After 10 years of that incident, she re-erupted that incident and filed an FIR against "Nana Patekar" on 6 October 2018. She also accused the director Vivek Agnihotri for harassing her during the filming of the movie 'Chocolate: Deep Dark Secrets' (2005).
2018 Me Too Case: In 2018, during the #MeToo Movement, when Tanushree Dutta accused Nana Patekar of sexual harresment, Rakhi Sawant called for a press meet where she not only paised Patekar, but also slammed Tanushree by calling her a drug addict, a liar, and called it a mere publicity stunt. She also accused Tanushree of raping her not once, but multiple times. For her allegation, Tanushree sued her for Rs.10 crore to which Rakhi threatened her with a countersuit of ₹50 crore. In October 2023, Tanushree filed an FIR against Rakhi Sawant, accusing her of causing mental trauma due the 2018 Me Too case. The FIR was filed at the Oshiwara Police Station in Mumbai. India Today Tanushree later addressed the matter in an interview and said,
I have come here to file an FIR against Rakhi Sawant for the psychological trauma that she caused in 2018 during the Me Too Movement. There are many penal codes added to the FIR based on multiple reasons."
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Aditya Datt (Film Director)
|Parents||Father- Tapan Dutta (Ex- employee at Life Insurance Corporation)
Mother- Shikha Dutta (Homemaker)
Sister- Ishita Dutta (Actress)
|Favourite Food(s)||Bengali Fish Curry, Mangoes|
|Favourite Actress(es)||Meena Kumari, Madhuri Dixit, Aishwarya Rai, Sushmita Sen|
|Favourite Author(s)||Dr. Brian Weiss, Paulo Coelho|
|Favourite Beverage(s)||Ice Tea, Coffee|
- Does Tanushree Dutta smoke?: Not Known
- Does Tanushree Dutta drink alcohol?: Yes
- Tanushree Dutta was born in a Bengali family.
- She dropped out of college just after completing her first year of B.Com. to pursue her career in modelling.
- She was featured in Harry Anand’s pop music video ‘Saiyan Dil Mein Aana Re’, before competing in the ‘Miss India’ pageant.
- In 2004, Tanushree won the ‘Femina Miss India Universe’ title, and consequently, represented India amongst 133 other countries at the ‘Miss Universe 2004’ pageant, held in Quito, Ecuador, where she stood at 8th place. Interestingly, in the competition, she defeated ‘Wonder Woman’ (2017) actress Gal Gadot; as she didn’t even reached the top 15.
- She made her acting debut in 2005 by playing the role of Sneha in the Bollywood film ‘Aashiq Banaya Aapne.’ The film was commercially successful, and she received positive reviews from the critics.
- She has worked in three different languages like Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil.
- Tanushree took a sabbatical in 2010 and went to the USA after her film ‘Apartment’ did not work well. She did a short course at the New York Academy. While she was in Los Angeles, she realized that Bollywood is not what she wanted to pursue whole her life.
- When she came back from the United States, she was miserable and in tears, as she was facing a financial crisis.
- At the time of depression, she was fully financially dependent on her father.
- Tanushree visited ‘The Isha Yoga Centre’ in Coimbatore & also did the ‘Art of Living’ course, but their Sudarshan Kriya always gave her a headache; so, she escaped from there too.
- She had shaved her head while she was in Ladakh.
- In 2018, she returned to Mumbai from the US after having some bitter experiences in the ashrams.
- Tanushree gained an immense weight during her stay in the US.