Some Lesser Known Facts About James Corden
- Does James Corden drink alcohol?: Yes
- Corden’s father was a musician in the Royal Air Force band and his mother was a volunteer.
- When Corden was 18, he appeared in the 1996 Musical Martin Guerre for the first time.
- From 2000 to early 2005, Corden starred as Jamie Rymer in the British television series ‘Fat Friends.’
- Early in his career, Corden had to battle against his alcohol addiction, and due to the constant binge, he used to get fainted. However, his parents helped him a lot get out of this trouble.
- From 2007 to early 2010, Corden co-starred and co-wrote his own series with his ‘Fat Friends’ co-star Ruth Jones, the BBC Three sitcom Gavin & Stacey. Corden and Jones played the friends of the title characters, with Corden starring as Smithy.
- On 23 March 2015, Corden succeeded Craig Ferguson as the host of the American late-night talk show The Late Late Show.
- Corden has written an auto-biography May I Have Your Attention, Please?, which was published in 2011.
- Corden has invited rapper ‘Kanye West’ twice on his talk show, but the Kanye bailed on him both times. To make it up, he once sent him Yeezy merchandise and then three dozen of white roses.
- In 2015, at the Queen’s New Year’s Honours List event, he was bestowed upon OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in recognition of his contribution to the drama field.
- Corden has been a protagonist of the UK-based Charity ‘Comic Relief’, which seeks to harness the power of entertainment to tackle poverty and raise awareness about other social cause issues.
- In August 2016, a £710,000 tax was levied on him after he closed down his the UK-based company, JK Corden Limited.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡