Some Lesser Known Facts About Javed Ali
- Does Javed Ali smoke: Not Known
- Does Javed Ali drink alcohol: Not Known
- Singing runs in Javed’s blood as his father, Ustad Hamid Hussain, is a popular qawwali singer. His father made sure that young Javed did his ‘riyaz’ daily before going to school.
- Javed Ali was born ‘Javed Hussain.’ However, he later changed his last name to ‘Ali’ as a tribute to his mentor, Ghulam Ali.
- In an interview, Javed said that, as a child, he aspired to be a ghazal singer like his father. He added that he had no liking whatsoever for playback singing.
- During his childhood, Javed and his father used to sing kirtans (Marathi and Sikh prayers) at local venues.
- Although he started singing songs for Bollywood movies in the year 2000, he got his breakthrough 7 years later with the song ‘Ek Din Teri Raho Main’ from the film Naqaab (2007).
- Javed’s singing is not limited to only Hindi as he now sings in movies of almost all leading film industries like- Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali, Assamese, etc.
- Aside from being a playback singer, Javed is also an avid live performer. Every now and then, the singer shares the stage with legendary singers like Asha Bhonsle on different concerts across the world.