|Full Name||Jai Prakash Wadhwani Jai Prakash Wadhwani - LinkedIn|
|Nick Name||Jai Wa Facebook - Jai Wa|
|Profession||Product Innovation Professional|
|Famous for||Being one of the contestants of the Netflix's reality television series The Indian Matchmaking Season 2 (2022)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Web Series: Indian Matchmaking Season 1 (2020)|
• Q4 2016: Most creative awards for the team presentation at the GCO Summit.
• Q3 2017: Top of the Charts award for self-serve page deactivation and self-serve name change
• Q2 2017: Members First award for one-click CP creation and claim process
• Q3 2018: Performance awards on 16 separate occasions LinkedIn - Jai Wadhwani
• Q1 2021: Innovation Awards - Fragrance Teams
|Date of Birth||8 March 1985 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||37 years|
|College/University||• University of Massachusetts Amherst, United States
• Brigham Young University, Utah, United States
• The University of Georgia, United States
• Stetson University College of Law, Florida
• Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, USA
• Harvard Extension School, Cabridge
• UC Berkeley Extension, United States
• Georgia Institute of Technology (dropped-out)
|Educational Qualification(s)||• 2003: Bachelor's degree in Economics LinkedIn - Jai Wadhwani
• 2007: Independent Study in Finance and Accounting
• 2008: Doctor of Law, Advocacy
• 2008: Master of Business Administration
• 2010: Doctor of Law (JD)
|Relationships & More|
|Engagement Date||12 July 2022|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• In July 2020, Jai Wadhwani got paired with attorney Aparna Shwekaramani in the Netflix Show "The Indian Matchmaking;" however, after the show, the couple decided to remain friends.
• On 12 July 2022, Jai Wadhwani announced his engagement with Stephanie Robbins.
|Parents||Father- Prakash Wadhwani (Civil Engineer) (On 1 April 2005, Prakash Wadhwani passed away)
Mother- Anu Wadhwani
• Neil Wadhwani
• Shaan Wadhwani
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jay Wadhwani
- Jay Wadhwani is a New York-based Certified Product Innovation professional and CEO of SETMEup, a dating app. In August 2022, he came into the limelight after he appeared on Netflix’s television reality series Indian Matchmaking.
- Soon after completing his college studies, he joined TiE Boston, a member-based organisation as its Marketing & Due Diligence Lead in August 2011. He worked with this organisation till 2013. In 2012, he joined IBM as its Product Marketing Manager and worked there until June 2014. LinkedIn – Jay Wadhwani
- In January 2014, he co-established AugoTv, a technology solution app. The same year, he established Singled Out, a dating app and XO: Get Opinions Fast, a social discovery app.
- In 2015, he co-founded the THEBARTrivia app, an app related to trivia games. Jay Wadhwani – LinkedIn
- In February 2016, he joined LinkedIn as its Products Operation manager and worked with the organisation till March 2019.
- He then joined Pandora, an audio discovery platform as its Senior Product Manager and worked in the position till July 2020. The same year, he co-founded Painted Countertops. Painted Countertops is a business that deals with works of art with epoxy.
- In August 2020, he joined Macy’s, an omnichannel retail company as its Principal Product Manager and worked with the organisation till June 2022.
- In June 2022, he joined Instagram, a social-media app as its Product Manager.
- He is the co-founder and CEO of SETMEUp, a social discovery platform. In an interview, he talked about his app and said,
We started 2 years ago with the fundamental idea that social accountability was missing in online dating. By connecting people through their mutual friends, we enable others to leverage their own social circle to build relationships. We launched our web app on Nov 1, 2013, with tremendous success, registering more than 20,000 users and 60 million viewable profiles in our database. Our mobile app is expected to release on March 8, 2014.”
- Jay Wadhwani’s co-founded app was featured in many newspapers like Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, the Daily Collegian, the Washington Post, the Daily Mirror, and the Daily Mail. It was also featured on the cover of the Improper Bostonian, a Boston lifestyle magazine. Boston Business Journal
- Along with working as a product manager, he writes as a relationship correspondent for AskMen.com. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I’ve always had a passion for relationship psychology. I’ve studied how to build attraction into meaningful relationships by sharing experiences for the last ten years. I wrote as a Relationship Correspondent for AskMen.com and have been published in front of 7 million people.” Global Dating Insights
- In 2020, Jay Wadhwani marked his digital debut with Netflix’s series Indian Matchmaking Season 1. In the show, he went on a date with Houston-based attorney Aparna Shewakramani. However, the Indian Matchmaking couple parted ways after a year of the show. In an interview, Aparna Shewakramani talked about this and said,
Jay and I are still friends. We did not ever start any relationship together…The men I went on dates with are who I really call my friends today. And for me, that’s so special because we got to walk away with these friendships, and that’s priceless.”
- He then reappeared in Indian Matchmaking Season 2. Jay Wadhwani’s storyline in season 2 follows reuniting with Houston’s attorney Aparna Shwekaramani.
- In an interview, Jay Wadhwani discussed the online dating industry and said that he considers Tinder, an online dating network, a decent dating service. He said,
I guess I would say Tinder, but for one reason in particular. They did what I always wanted to do, but quicker – they proved college students would use dating apps. The problem with Tinder, however, is that the stigma has now evolved into hookup dating. That works for some people, but for most, it doesn’t. Even the people that want to hookup don’t blatantly express that intention. As a result nobody trusts anybody else and the whole system falls apart.” Global Dating Insights