|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 179 cm
in meters- 1.79 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10½”
|in Kilograms- 73 kg
in Pounds- 161 lbs
|- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
ODI- 29 October 2016 vs Newzealand in Vishakhapatnam
|Haryana, Delhi Daredevils, Presidents XI
|Right Handed Bat
|Achievements (main ones)
|• Displaying his 'all-rounding' skills during the 2012-13 Ranji season, Jayant Yadav scored a mammoth 211, his maiden hundred, against Karnataka, simultaneously sharing a record-breaking stand of 392 for the eighth wicket with Amit Mishra.
• At the 2014-15 Ranji season, Jayant Yadav topped Haryana's bowlers' table with 33 wickets. He began the season with a six-for and went on to take 13 wickets in a match against Saurashtra in Rajkot.
• Jayant Yadav also has five 5-wicket hauls to his name in first class cricket. Additionally, he once took 10 wickets in a match.
|Career Turning Point
|Jayant Yadav's exceptional performance both with the ball and the bat during the 2015-16 Ranji season helped him secure a spot in the national team.
|Date of Birth
|22 January 1990
|Age (as in 2017)
|Gurgaon, Haryana, India
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
|Delhi Public School (DPS), Vasant Kunj, Delhi
|Hindu College, Delhi (on sports quota)
|Bachelor of Arts
|Father- Not Known (works as an in-flight manager with Air India)
Mother- Late Lakshmi Yadav (Biological mother), Jyoti Yadav (Step mother)
Uncle (Chacha)- Yogendra Yadav (Politician)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Favourite TV series
|Game of Thrones
|Graeme Swann, Ravichandran Ashwin
|Girls, Family & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jayant Yadav
- Does Jayant Yadav smoke: Not Known
- Does Jayant Yadav drink alcohol: Not Known
- Jayant lost his real mother, Lakshmi, in a plane crash in the year 1990.
- He credits his father for taking him to a cricket academy in Delhi, where he started to learn the basics of the game. His father also used to play cricket in his younger days.
- Initially, Jayant started bowling as a leg-spinner, but he had to soon change his style because of a funny incident he narrated in an interview. He said, “I started as a leg-spinner, but the funny story is that I have two first cousins who were also leg-spinners so they said it’s not allowed. You cannot have three leg-spinners in the family. At that point, I really thought that was a thing and I turned to off-spin.”
- He had an unforgettable domestic debut at a young age of 21; he picked up six wickets in that match, helping his team to a big victory against Gujarat.
- Jayant played only three matches in his debut IPL season in 2015 but showed he could be economical as he finished with an economy rate of 4.14.
- Obsessed with bowling to such an extent that Jayant carries a set of red and white cricket balls even to the hotel room, in order to carry out “whatever practice possible.”
- In the 3rd test match of England’s tour of India (2016), Jayant Yadav scored his maiden ton and therefore became the first Indian batsman to score a century after coming on to bat at No. 9.