Some Lesser Known Facts About Jerry Brown
- Does Jerry Brown smoke?: No
- Does Jerry Brown drink alcohol?: No
- His father Pat Brown also served as California Governor.
- He was a cheerleader at St. Ignatius High School.
- When he graduated, he topped in his class at the San Francisco College of Law.
- While holding the office of California Secretary of State (1971 – 1975), he discovered the use of notorious documents by the then President Richard Nixon.
- He was known as a Fiscal Conservative and due to his fiscal restraint the State saw one of the biggest surpluses in the history.
- Jerry Brown walked to work instead of as a passenger in a chauffeured Limousine like previous Governors.
- He is a serious environmentalist and in 1977, he sponsored first ever tax-incentive for rooftop solar among other environmental initiatives.
- Jerry Brown strongly opposed the Death Penalty and vetoed it as a Governor.
- In 1979, he appointed the first openly gay judge in the United States.
- He also appointed the first openly lesbian judge in the United States in 1981.
- Jerry Brown traveled to Japan to study Buddhism.
- Jerry Brown said in an interview that he dislikes shopping.
- He worked with Mother Teresa in Kolkata, India.
- He own a colt 38 (revolver) given by his father.
- There was a gap of 28 years between his 2nd and 3rd term as governor.
- He succeeded Arnold Schwarzenegger as the California Governor in 2011.
- He was on of the youngest Governors in the history of state when he was first elected Governor in 1975 and when he reelected as Governor in 2011, he had become the oldest Governor ever.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)