|Profession(s)||Actor, Columnist, Socialite, Entrepreneur, Author|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film: Rog (2005)
|Date of Birth||28 May 1963|
|Age (as in 2018)||55 Years|
|Birthplace||Calcutta (now Kolkata), West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School(s)||• La Martiniere Calcutta, Kolkata
• St. Joseph's College, Nainital, Uttarakhand
|College/University||Jadavpur University, Kolkata|
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in English Honours
• Master of Arts (M.A.) in International Relations
|Address||An Apartment in The Magnolias, Gurugram, Haryana
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading, Writing, Swimming, Partying|
|Controversies||• In 2011, the ITC Limited filed two cases against him in the Bangalore City Civil Court and in the Calcutta High Court by alleging that he defaming the company's chairman, YC Deveshawar through his tweets and newspaper articles since the company terminated its contract with his firm, Equus Red Cell in 2007. Suhel then responded through a tweet that his account was hacked constantly.
• In 2014, he was forced to apologise when he was failed to recognise the former captain of India's national field hockey team, Viren Rasquinha, during a panel discussion on sports conducted as part of the Times Literature Festival in Mumbai.
• During the #MeToo India Movement, Suhel Seth had been accused of sexual harassment by model Diandra Soares, journalist Mandakini Gahlot, writer Ira Trivedi, writer Ishita Yadav, and filmmaker Natasha Rathore.
• In October 2018, after #MeToo allegations, the Tata Group, Coca-Cola Company, and Adani Group terminated his contract as brand consultant.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Lakshmi Menon (Model)|
|Marriage Date||• Year, 1989 (with Sandhya)
• 25 December 2018 (with Lakshmi Menon)
|Wife/Spouse||First Wife- Sandhya Narain (1989-1993)
Second Wife- Lakshmi Menon (Model)
|Parents||Father- Jogendra Seth (Died in 2015)
Mother- Shub Seth
|Siblings||Brother- Swapan Seth (Younger)
Sister- Not Known
|Favourite Food(s)||Truffles, Chocolates, Khow Suey|
|Favourite TV Show||The Newshour|
|Favourite Champagne||Dom Perignon|
|Favourite Spirit(s)||Grey Goose, Talisker|
|Favourite Museum||Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, Humlebaek, Denmark|
|Favourite Book(s)||• The Seer Who Walks Alone by Pupul Jayakar
• Richard III by William Shakespeare
• Joseph Anton: A Memoir by Salman Rushdie
|Favourite Brand(s)||Perfume- Le Labo
Hairdressing- Geo F Trumper
|Favourite Cafe||Laduree in Paris|
|Favourite Singer||Leonard Cohen|
|Car Collection||• Porsche Boxster
• Mercedes-Benz S600
• Ferrari California
- Does Suhel Seth smoke?: Not Known
- Does Suhel Seth drink alcohol?: Yes
- Suhel Seth belongs to a Punjabi Family.
- He has lived in Kolkata till the age of 28 and then, moved to Gurugram, Haryana, India.
- During his time in Kolkata, his father owned a chemical factory, but, because of the Naxalite movement and strikes, it went useless. After which, he decided that he would never get into a business.
- After graduation, Suhel started working with an advertising agency, Contract Advertising, under the guidance of Shiben Dutt.
- He also worked with various other advertising agencies like Response India and Ogilvy & Mather.
- Suhel Seth grew apart from his first wife, Sandhya Narain in 1993. According to him, the reason behind is that he wanted kids and she didn’t want because she was career-driven.
- In March 1996, he, along with his younger brother, Swapan Seth, founded an advertising Agency, Equus Red Cell. The company was named after Peter Shaffer’s 1973 play, Equus.
- In 1998, Suhel Seth was the Keynote Speaker at the Indian Advertising Congress.
- In 1999, he, along with ex-marketing director of Hindustan Lever, Shunu Sen, founded a marketing consultancy firm, Quadra Advisory.
- They also worked on the advertising campaign for the then Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 1999.
- In 2002, Suhel Seth started his consultancy firm, Counselage India and has picked up four major clients in a very short span such as Coca-Cola India, the Delhi Government, Jet Airways, and the World Travel and Tourism Council.
- In 2003, he bought 30 per cent stake (out of which 25 per cent stake bought from Kumar Mangalam Birla) in STAR’s uplinking venture, Media Content and Communication Services (MCCS) and became the largest stakeholder in MCCS.
- He was the Chairman of the Marketing Summits of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) from 2005 to 2010.
- Suhel was also the Chairperson of the National Marketing Committee of CII and FICCI from 2010 to 2011.
- In 2010, he became a member of the Expert Committee on Railways, which was chaired by the Secretary General of FICCI, Dr Amit Mitra.
- He was also the Brand Advisor to the Indian Railways Ministry.
- Suhel Seth also founded the Calcutta and Delhi Debating Society, Concern for Delhi, and Rotaract & Interact Clubs in Calcutta.
- He was on the global advisory board of British Airways and on the global board of Cavendish and RADA (Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, London).
- He was also on the regional boards of Citibank and Coca-Cola.
- Suhel served as a Trustee on the India Brand Equity Foundation for almost six years.
- He did several Bollywood films as an actor like ‘Rog’ (2005), ‘Guzaarish’ (2010), ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ (2011), and ‘Calendar Girls’ (2015).
- Suhel has also worked as a theatre artist and has performed with many famous actors including “Utpal Dutt.”
- He has done more than 135 plays in English.
- Suhel Seth is an author and has been writing columns in The Financial Times, Business India, The Hindustan Times, The Indian Express, etc.
- He has also published several books like ‘In Your Face,’ ‘Mantras For Success,’ ‘Get to the Top: The Ten Rules for Social Success,’ etc.
- In 2017, he started dating an 18-year-younger model, Lakshmi Menon. The couple got engaged in October 2018 and tied the knot on 25 December 2018.
- Suhel Seth was the brand consultant of several multinational companies like ‘Tata Group,’ ‘Coca-Cola Company,’ ‘Adani Group,’ etc.
- He is an alumnus of the Advanced Management Program (AMP) of Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts, and he is also a member of the Harvard Business School Consultants Club.
- He has also represented India in Debating at the University of Oxford, Oxford, England.
- Suhel Seth is the first Indian man to buy the £80,000 yellow Porsche Boxster car.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)