|Profession(s)||Actor and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Beauty Pageants Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||Film, Kannada (Actor): Veera Madakari (2009)
Film, Malayalam (Actor): Kandahar (2010)
Film, Tamil (Actor): Ariyaan (2012)
Film, Telugu (Actor): Janda Pai Kapiraju (2015)
Film, Hindi (Guest Appearance): R… Rajkumar (2013)
|Date of Birth||24 May 1990 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||30 Years|
|School||Delhi Public School, Bangalore|
|College/University||Indo Asian Academy, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Journalism and Mass Communication The Tribune|
|Hobbies||Cooking and Listening to Music|
|Controversy||On 4 September 2020, Ragini Dwivedi, along with her ex-boyfriend Ravi Shankar, were arrested by the Central Crime Branch (CCB) of Bengaluru for her involvement in drug trading in the Kannada film industry. A notice was served to Ragini on 2 September 2020, to appear in the CCB office. She sent a team of lawyers to the CCB office and asked them to give time of two more days. After a search warrant was issued by the court, a team of the CCB raided her residence, and later, she was arrested. Hindustan Times Her police custody was extended for three days on 11 September 2020. News 18|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Ravi Shankar Zee5
• Shivaprakash (Real Estate Businessman) Asianet News
|Parents||Father- Rakesh Kumar Dwivedi (Colonel in the Indian Army)
Mother- Rohini Dwivedi
|Siblings||Brother- Rudraksh Dwivedi (Fashion Designer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ragini Dwivedi
- Ragini Dwivedi is a popular Indian actress. She has mainly worked in Kannada films.
- She was born in a Punjabi family from Rewari, Haryana. Wikipedia
- She is the granddaughter of Pyare Lal Dwivedi, a railway guard in Rewari, Haryana.
- In an interview, she said that she wanted to become an IAS or IPS office, she further said,
I was the sports captain. I was good at basketball and horse riding. I represented the state in basketball. I also took part in swimming competition. I was thrilled when a person like Amitabhji appreciated my work. He congratulated me when I told him about the number of Kannada films I had acted in. He said it is a laudable achievement.”
- She was spotted by the Indian fashion designer, Prasad Bidapa in 2008; who asked her to start modelling.
- Later, she walked the ramp in various famous fashion shows, including Lakme Fashion Week and Sri Lanka Fashion Week.
- She has worked as a model for the ace Indian fashion designers, including Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Ritu Kumar, and Sabyasachi Mukherjee.
- Ragini has participated in various beauty pageants, like ‘Femina Miss India’ (2008) in which she was declared first runner-up and ‘Pantaloons Femina Miss India’ (2009) in which she won Richfeel Miss Beautiful Hair title.
- She has appeared as an actor in films of different languages, like Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, and Telugu.
- Some of her popular films are ‘Gokula’ (2009), ‘Shankar IPS’ (2010), ‘Kanchana’ (2011), ‘Face2Face’ (2012), ‘Victory’ (2013), ‘Ragini IPS’ (2014), ‘Nimirndhu Nil’ (2014), and ‘Kichchu’ (2018).
- In 2011, she worked as an endorser for Nandini Milk, a product of Karnataka Milk Federation.
- Ragini, along with the actress Kushboo, have a fan club named after them. In an interview, Ragini said,
Already there are many fans pages in my name on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. I will also be interacting with my followers over there. But these registered and official fans association will help me to have direct conversation with my fans.”
- She was the brand ambassador of Times Asia Wedding Fair in 2015, Hubballi Dharwad Municipal Corporation for the clean city campaign under the Swachh Bharat programme, and Rotary District 3190 environment project Rotary Avani.
- In 2015, she won the Most Promising Face of Indian Cinema at the India Leadership Conclave in Mumbai.
- She is an avid animal lover and loves to spend time with her pet dogs; Teddy and Mercury.
- She has worked on various social service projects. She has worked for the people of slum areas and also helped the needy people during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
- She loves cooking and often shares various vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes on her Instagram account.
- In 2019, she campaigned for the BJP in Karanataka.
- She has appeared on the cover of various renowned magazines.
References/Sources: [ + ]