Hometown: Chakdaha Nadia, West Bengal
Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 40 Years
|Full Name||Jhulan Nishit Goswami|
|Nickname(s)||Babul, Gozzy, Chakdaha Express The Quint|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-34|
|International Debut||Test- 14 January 2002 vs England Women in Lucknow
ODI- 6 January 2002 vs England Women in Chennai
T20- 5 August 2006 vs England Women in Derby
|International Retirement||In August 2022, she announced that she will retire from international cricket after the upcoming England series in September 2022. The Quint|
|Last Match||Test- 30 September - 3 October 2021 vs Australia at Carrara
ODI- 24 September 2022 vs England at Lord's
T20- 10 June 2018 vs Bangladesh at Kuala Lumpur
• Test- She played 12 matches in which she took 44 wickets in 21 innings. With an average of 17.36 and economy of 2.02, she gave 764 runs. She delivered 2266 balls, and her strike rate was 51.5. Her best bowling in a match was 10/78, and her best bowling in an inning was 5/25. She had a 5-wicket haul for three times.
• ODI- She played 204 matches in which she took 255 wickets in 203 innings. With an average of 22.04 and economy of 3.37, she gave 5622 runs. She delivered 10005 balls, and her strike rate was 39.2. Her best bowling in a match was 6/31. She had a 5-wicket haul for two times.
• T20- She played 68 matches in which she took 56 wickets in 67 innings. With an average of 21.94 and economy of 5.45, he gave 1229 runs. She delivered 1351 balls, and her strike rate was 24.1. Her best bowling in a match was 5/11. She had a 5-wicket haul for only one time.
• Test- She played 12 matches in which she scored 291 runs in 15 innings with an average of 24.25; her highest score was 69. She scored 2 half centuries with 26 fours. She remained not out for three times.
• ODI- She played 204 matches in which she scored 1228 runs in 121 innings with and average of 14.61; her highest score was 57. She scored 1 half century with 108 fours and 11 sixes. She remained not out for 37 times.
• T20- She played 68 matches in which she scored 405 runs in 46 innings with an average of 10.94; her highest score was 37. She hit 22 fours and 10 sixes. She remained not out for 9 times.
|Fielding Stats||• Test- She has 5 catches and 2 run outs to her name.
• ODI- She has 69 catches and 19 run outs to her name.
• T20- She has 23 catches and 3 run outs to her name.
|Jersey Number||#25 (India)|
|Domestic/State Team(s)||Asia Women XI, Bengal Women, East Zone Women, India Green Women|
|Batting Style||Right-hand bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium fast|
|Records (main ones)||• As in January 2017, the best Women T20I bowling figures of Goswami are 5 wickets for just 11 runs in the 4 overs.
• She has, as in March 2017, a 10 wicket haul in the Test format under her belt.
• In May 2017, Goswami became the leading wicket-taker in Women One Day International Cricket. She has taken more than 200 wickets in the international matches.
|Career Turning Point||The high arm action and her pace along with the consistency in the domestic format made it possible for her to appear in the blue uniform.|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• ICC Women's Cricketer of the Year (2007)
• Arjuna Award for Cricket (2010)
• Padma Shri (2012)
|Date of Birth||25 November 1982|
|Age (as of 2022)||40 Years|
|Birthplace||Chakdaha Nadia, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Chakdaha Nadia, West Bengal, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Watching Football and Movies, Reading|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Nisith Goswami
Mother- Jharna Goswami
|Cricketer(s)||Batsman- Sachin Tendulkar
Bowler- Glenn McGrath
|Female Cricketer||Belinda Clark|
|Salary||Rs. 50 Lakh per annum (A grade contract) DNA|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jhulan Goswami
- Her interest in cricket grew when she watched the 1992 Cricket World Cup on TV. Before cricket, she was fond of Football.
- She volunteered as the ball girl in the 1997 Women’s World Cup final match. Goswami was fascinated by such legendary cricketers on the ground and made up her mind to be a cricketer one day.
- She averaged below 22 in both Test and ODI formats and was economical, for which, Jhulan received the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year award in 2007 from M.S. Dhoni.
- After Cathryn Fitzpatrick, Jhulan became the world’s fastest woman bowler. She has got the wrists to bowl consistently at about 120kph.
- As of March 2017, most numbers of her wickets in ODI matches, she has taken against the England Women team (more than 40 wickets) with an average of just 18.64.
- In August 2018, she announced her retirement from women’s T20 International cricket.
- In September 2018, she took the 300th wicket in International Cricket.
- Jhulan has also served as a bowling consultant for India’s women’s national cricket team.