|Full Name||Jhulan Nishit Goswami|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-34|
|International Debut||Test- 14 January 2002 vs England Women in Lucknow
ODI- 6 January 2002 vs England Women in Chennai
T20- 5 August 2006 vs England Women in Derby
|Jersey Number||#25 (India)|
|Domestic/State Team(s)||Asia Women XI, Bengal Women, East Zone Women, India Green Women|
|Batting Style||Right-hand bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium fast|
|Records (main ones)||• As in January 2017, the best Women T20I bowling figures of Goswami are 5 wickets for just 11 runs in the 4 overs.
• She has, as in March 2017, a 10 wicket haul in the Test format under her belt.
• In May 2017, Goswami became the leading wicket-taker in Women One Day International Cricket. She has taken more than 200 wickets in the international matches.
|Career Turning Point||The high arm action and her pace along with the consistency in the domestic format made it possible for her to appear in the blue uniform.|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• ICC Women's Cricketer of the Year (2007)
• Arjuna Award for Cricket (2010)
• Padma Shri (2012)
|Date of Birth||25 November 1982|
|Age (as in 2018)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Chakdaha Nadia, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Chakdaha Nadia, West Bengal, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Watching Football and Movies, Reading|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Nisith Goswami
Mother- Jharna Goswami
|Favourite Cricketer(s)||Batsman- Sachin Tendulkar
Bowler- Glenn McGrath
|Favourite Female Cricketer||Belinda Clark|
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Film||3 Idiots|
|Favourite Commentator||Sunil Gavaskar|
|Salary||Rs. 50 Lakh per annum (A grade contract) DNA|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jhulan Goswami
- Does Jhulan Goswami smoke: Not Known
- Does Jhulan Goswami drink alcohol: Not Known
- Her interest in cricket grew when she watched the 1992 Cricket World Cup on TV. Before cricket, she was fond of Football.
- She was volunteering at the ball-girl in the 1997 Women’s World Cup final match. Goswami was fascinated by such legend cricketers on the ground and made up her mind to be a cricketer one day.
- She averaged below 22 in both Test and ODI format and was economical as well, for which, Jhulan received ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year award in 2007 from M.S. Dhoni.
- After Cathryn Fitzpatrick, Jhulan became the world’s fastest woman bowler. She has got the wrists to bowl consistently at about 120kph.
- As of March 2017, the most numbers of her wickets in ODI matches, she has taken against England Women team (more than 40 wickets) with an average of just 18.64.
- In August 2018, she announced her retirement from women T20 International cricket.
- In September 2018, she took the 300th wicket in the International Cricket.
- Jhulan has also served as a bowling consultant for India women’s national cricket team.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)
References/Sources: [ + ]