Jacques Kallis Age, Family, Affairs, Biography, Facts & More
|Full Name||Jacques Henry Kallis
|Nickname||Kalahari, Jackes, Woogie
|Profession||Former South African cricketer (all-rounder)
|Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Hair Colour||Light Golden Brown
|International Debut||ODI- South Africa v England (Cape Town) (9 January 1996)
Test- South Africa v England, (Durban) (14-18 December 1995)
T20- South Africa v New Zealand (Johannesburg) (21 October 2005)
|Jersey Number||#8 (South Africa)
|Domestic/State Team(s)||South Africa, Cape Cobras, Africa XI, Western Province, Kolkata Knight Riders, Glamorgan, Sydney Thunder, ICC World XI, Middlesex, Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel, Royal Challengers Bangalore
|Favourite Shot||Cover drive
|Records (main ones)||• First batsman (after Sir Don Bradman) to hit five test centuries in five sequential tests in 2003
• Scored fastest test half-century in just 24 balls in 2004
• First batsman to score 150 in his 150th test
• First ever alrounder to hit 11579 scores (average- 45.13) and took 273 wickets (average- 31) in the ODIs
• Scored 45 centuries in tests (second-most in the test history)
• Hit 97 sixes in tests (second-most in the test history)
|Career Turning Point||In 2005, he scored 1288 runs and earned the names as the Test Player of the Year and Joint Player of the Year by ICC.
|Date of Birth||16 October 1975
|Age (as in 2017)|| 42 Years
|Birth Place||Pinelands, Cape Town (South Africa)
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra
|School||Wynberg Boys’ High school, South Africa
|Family||Father- Henry Kallis
Mother- Mercia Kallis
Brother- Not known
Sister- Janine Kallis (physiotherapist)
|Favourite Cricketer||Brian Lara
|Favourite Cricket Ground||Oval in London
|Favourite Food||Beef steak
|Favourite Drink||Red Wine
|Girls, Family & More
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Cindy Nell (Miss South Africa 2002)
Marisa Eggli (1st runner-up of Miss South Africa 2003 contest)
Shamone Jardim (South African model)
|Cars Collection||Audi R8
|Net Worth (Approx.)||₹230 crores ($35 million)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jacques Kallis
- Does Jacques Kallis smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jacques Kallis drink alcohol?: Yes
- In 1997, he helped to save the match against Australia by hitting a century.
- In 1998, at the age of 23, he won the ICC Champions Trophy titles- ‘Man of the Match’ and the ‘Player of the Series.’
- He considers his father Henry as his idol who inspired him to play cricket and did his best to built his cricket career.
- His sister performed as a cheerleader in the Indian Premier League 2009.
- He took time out of cricket to take care of his father who was suffering from terminal cancer during the World Cup of 2003.
- He provides funds and mentoring support to the Jacques Kallis Scholarship Foundation to develop the life skills and academic potentials of students in the schools of South Africa.
- In his first-class matches, he hit 19695 scores and took 427 wickets.
- In 2003, he became the first batsman (after Sir Don Bradman) to hit five test centuries in five sequential tests.
- He completed his 100th test (against New Zealand) at Centurion ground.
- In 2006, he completed 8000 test runs and 200 test wickets after chasing sir Gary Sober’s record of 8032 runs.
- He scored highest 485 runs in the 2007 World Cup.
- After scoring 3 centuries in a 2-test match series against Pakistan, he rose to the 4th ranking with the record of 4 centuries in 4 tests.
- In an ODI series against Australia in 2009, he completed his 10,000 runs.
- In 2008, his average dropped down to mere 30, and in 2010, while playing for the Royal Challengers Bangalore (in the Indian Premier League Twenty20), he injured his neck which also affected his performance in the upcoming matches.
- 2012, as a coach, he helped his team Kolkata Knight Riders to acquire the victory in the final IPL match against Chennai Super Kings.
- He hit his last double century in tests by scoring 224 against India.
- On 2 January 2013, he became the first South African and fourth test cricket player in the world (after Sachin Tendulkar with 15,645 , Rahul Dravid with 13,288 and Ricky Ponting having 13,378 runs) to score 13,289 runs (average- 55.37) and took 292 wickets (average- 32.65) with 200 catches in the test matches.
- He decided to take retirement from all the forms of cricket in 2014.
- He likes golf and is also a life member of Leopard Creek golf club.
- He won the awards such as Leading Cricketer in the World 2008 Wisden, South African Cricketer of the Year 2011, Favorite Sports Start (You Magazine) 2012, Ram Delivery of the Year 2013, and Wisden’s Five Cricketers of the Year 2013.
- Paris Jackson Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Family, Biography & More
- Leena Maria Paul Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
- Anita Devgan (Actress) Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
- Yuzvendra Chahal: Success Story & Life-History
- Top 10 Best Movies of Aamir Khan
- Anandibaa Aur Emily Actors, Cast & Crew
- Tarana Raja Kapoor Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Biography & More
- Zeyn Shaw Height, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More