|Real name||Jitender Singh Mann The Times of India|
|Nickname||Gogi Amar Ujala|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Date of Birth||Year 1991|
|Birthplace||Chhota Shiv Mandir, Naval Park, Village Alipur, Delhi|
|Date of Death||24 September 2021|
|Place of Death||District Court, Rohini, Delhi|
|Age (at the time of death)||30 Years|
|Death Cause||Murder The Indian Express|
|Hometown||Chhota Shiv Mandir, Naval Park, Village Alipur, Delhi|
|College/University||Swami Shraddhanand College, University in Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation The Hindustan Times|
|Caste||Jat The Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Mehar Singh (private contractor; died of cancer in 2010)
|Siblings||Brother- Ravinder Mann (elder; drive and rent out tempos)
Sister- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jitender Gogi
- Jitender Gogi was an Indian gangster and leader of “Gogi Gang.” He was involved in various crimes like murder, extortion, and carjacking.
- While he was in school and college, he won various medals in Volleyball, but due to an injury on his right shoulder at the age of 17, he could not play again.
- While he was in college, he started developing an interest in college politics. Earlier, he was good friends with Tillu, but later, their friendship turned into a political rivalry.
- According to the police officials, apart from college politics, another reason for rivalry between Gogi and Tillu was that one of the close associates of Tillu named Deepak used to tease Gogi. Deepak used to say that Gogi would become the family’s damaad.
- By the passage of time, Gogi and Tillu’s rivalry was getting worst. One day, while Gogi was with his father in a car, one of the members of Tillu Gang hit Gogi’s car. Gogi got angry at that time and said,
Today I will leave you because I am with my father. The next time, I’ll kill you.”
- A setback came in Gogi’s life when his childhood friend and his right-hand, Sunil Maan, joined Tillu’s gang in 2009. While talking about their strong friendship, Gogi’s mother and sister-in-law said,
As a child, Sunil would come to our house and the two would lie in the verandah, talking for hours. So thick was their friendship that Sunil would run to our home every time his mother didn’t make chapatis for him. They were inseparable; it’s quite unfortunate how things changed.”
- After the demise of Gogi’s father in 2010, he involved himself completely in illegal activities like murder, extortion, and possessing illegal weapons.
- He was arrested in 2016 by the Panipat Police, but he escaped from custody within three months of his arrest while he was being taken to court for the hearing. At that time, a reward of Rs. 4 lakh was kept on his head to be provided to those who would give out his information.
- A year later, he murdered the Haryana singer Harshita Dahiya and the Aam Aadmi Party leader Virendra Mann. Harshita was a witness in one of his gang members’ cases who was involved in a murder.
- In February 2017, he murdered Devender Pradhan from Alipur in a rage of his revenge.
- Gogi came into the news again for involving in a gang war with his rival gang ‘Tillu Gang’ in Delhi’s Burari case in 2018. Three people were killed, and five were injured in the gang war.
- As per one of the FIRs filed against Gogi in 2018,
He fired at a man named Praveen in September 2010. Then, during elections at Shradhanand College, Delhi University, Gogi and his friends assaulted and shot at two men named Sandeep and Ravinder. Gogi was then arrested in October 2011. Thereafter, he formed a gang to earn money.”
- Gogi and his three associates Kuldeep Maan alias Fajja, Rohit Moi, and Kapil were arrested in March 2020 by the Counter Intelligence Unit of Delhi Police.
- During an investigation, Gogi’s mother, while talking to the police officials, said,
I have not spoken to my son in five years; we just want this gang war to end. We have had enough. Gogi should hand himself over to the police. I don’t even know if he thinks about us.”
- While talking about Gogi’s marriage in the investigation process, his sister-in-law said,
We found a girl for him to marry, but he refused to see her. He said he does not want to drag a woman into a life of crime.”
- On 24 September 2021, he was shot dead while he was at District Court, Rohini, Delhi, for a hearing of one of his criminal cases. Gogi was rushed to the nearby hospital, but he died on the spot. According to the local police officials,
Two assailants in the uniform of advocate fired upon Gogi in court, following which police also opened fire. The killers, who belonged to ‘Tillu’ gang were “neutralised” by the officers. It was “not a gang war.” Minutes after he entered, they whipped out pistols and opened fire. There was chaos and police personnel of the Counter Intelligence team fired in retaliation. Both the attackers died at the spot.”
- The Police officials shared that Gogi had a signature move of killing, he used to shoot on the victims’ faces. He also used to carry a diary in which he had written the name of other gang members who were killed or who were arrested.