Jitendra Narain Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Marital Status: Married
Hometown: Begusarai, Bihar
Age: 52 Years
|Profession||Civil Servant (IAS officer)|
|Known for||• Being the former chief secretary of the Andaman and Nicobar Administration
• Getting arrested for gang rape charges in 2022
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth||19 October 1970 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||52 Years|
|School||St. Paul’s School, Darjeeling|
|College/University||St. Stephen’s College, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||He is a graduate. Jitendra Narain – Facebook|
|Ethnicity||Raibahadur family Outlook|
|Controversy||In 2022, he was arretsed for gang-raping a 21-year-old girl promising her to give a government job. The FIR was lodged on 1 October 2022. The woman alleged that she was lured to Narain's home with the promise of a government job. There, she was raped by top officials including Narain on 14 April and 1 May. The government suspended him on October 17 with immediate effect. The Tribune|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son- Srinath Narain
Daughter- Aishani Narain
|Parents||Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jitendra Narain
- Jitendra Narain is the former chief secretary of the Andaman and Nicobar Administration who got arrested for gang rape charges in 2022.
- His name is also spelt as Jitendra Narayan.
- He became the Chief Secretary of the Andaman and Nicobar Administration on 3 March 2021.
- While he was serving as the chief secretary, he was accused of calling twenty women to his home in Port Blair.
- In the complaint that the girl made about him, she said that Narain called her to a hotel room, raped her and tortured her for two weeks. He also asked her not to tell anyone about that. After the investigation, he was charged with raping 20 other girls promising them government jobs. After that, he was removed from all his duties by the Union Home Ministry. He was granted interim bail by the Kolkata High Court till 14 November 2022 which was later suspended and he was arrested. A statement by the home ministry said,
As the report indicated the possibility of grave misconduct and misuse of official position on the part of Jitendra Narain, the Home Minister directed to take immediate strict action against the officer concerned as per law. Accordingly, Jitendra Narain has been placed under suspension with immediate effect and disciplinary proceedings have been ordered against him.”
- His name was figured in the PSU WATCH FAME ASIA INDIA MAGAZINE in the survey of THE TOP 50 BUREAUCRATIC across 20 batches.
- On 1 October 2022, Narain was posted as the chairman and managing director of the Delhi Financial Corporation.
|↑1||Jitendra Narain – Facebook|