|Real Name||John Sidney McCain III|
|Nickname||McNasty, The white tornado|
|Political Journey||• For the first time in 1982, McCain was elected as a Republican to the U.S. House of Representatives from Arizona's 1st congressional district.
• On 4 November 1986, McCain won the US Senate seat vacated by retiring Senator Barry Goldwater.
• Despite having been entangled in the Keating Five scandal of the late 1980s, McCain was re-elected to Senate in 1992 and 1998.
• McCain announced his candidacy for President on 27 September 1999.
• On 9 March 2000, MacCain suspended his campaign for President and endorsed George W. Bush for president.
• On 2 November 2004, MacCain was elected to the Senate for the fourth term.
• MacCain announced his candidacy for president again on 25 April 2007 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
• On 4 November 2008, MacCain lost the election to Barack Obama (former US President).
• For the fifth term, McCain was elected to Senate on 2 November 2010.
• On 8 November 2016, McCain won his sixth term in the US Senate, defeating Democrat Ann Kirkpatrick.
|Biggest Rivals||Barack Obama (In 2008 Presidential Election)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|Hair Colour||Semi Bald (white)|
|Date of Birth||29 August 1936|
|Age (as in 2017)||81 Years|
|Birth Place||Coco Solo, Panama Canal Zone, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Alexandria, Northern Virginia, USA|
|School||Episcopal High School, Alexandria|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||1982 (When he was elected as a Republican to the U.S. House of Representatives from Arizona's 1st congressional district.)|
|Family||Father- John S. McCain Jr.
Mother- Roberta McCain
Brother- Joe McCain
Sister- Sandy McCain
|Hobbies||Boxing, Riding Bikes|
|Controversies||• John McCain was involved in 'the Keating Five', a group of five United States Senators accused of corruption in 1989, sparking a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis of the late 1980s and early 1990s.
• John McCain sparked controversies by questioning former FBI Director James B. Comey. But several of his questions confused viewers, and seemingly Comey himself, and he occasionally was incoherent.
|Favorite Food||Pizza with pepperoni and onions, Chocolate, Ice-creams|
|Favorite Book||For Whom the Bell Tolls (Ernest Hemingway)|
|Favorite Bike||Harley Davidson|
|Favorite Movies||Viva Zapata, Letters From Iwo Jima and Some Like It Hot|
|Favorite Politician||Ronald Reagan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Carol McCain(m. 1965–1980)
Cindy McCain(m. 1980)
|Children||Sons- John Sidney McCain IV,
Andrew McCain, Douglas McCain
Daughters- Meghan McCain,
Sidney McCain, Bridget McCain(Adopted)
|Net Worth||$21 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About John McCain
- Does John McCain smoke? Not Known
- Does John McCain drink alcohol?: Yes
- McCain is of Scots-Irish descent.
- John McCain was born in the prominent military family at Panama Canal Zone in Panama.
- McCain was not good at study. He graduated with bottom rank: 894 out of 899 people in his class.
- His father and grandfather were the first father-son admiral pair in U.S. Navy. During the Vietnam War, John McCain Jr. commanded Pacific forces while John McCain Sr. was commander of aircraft carriers during World War II.
- McCain’s youngest son, Jimmy, is a Marine, while another son, Jack, is a midshipman at the U.S. Naval Academy.
- During his high school, he was a wrestler. His nickname was “McNasty.” Because of his prematurely white hair later he was nicknamed “the white tornado”.
- In 1967, McCain volunteered to serve in Vietnam War as a naval aviator. He ejected from his plane after it was hit by a missile on his 23rd bombing mission. He was detained by the North Vietnamese, who did not treat his injuries until they learned who his father was.
- In 1979, McCain met and fell in love with Cindy Lou Hensley. McCain was still married to Carol, his first wife.
- In 1980, McCain divorced Carol to marry Cindy. McCain’s children refused to attend the wedding in protest divorce, though they were reconciled years later.
- McCain retired from the US Navy in 1981, with recognitions including a Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart, and the Distinguished Flying Cross.
- In 2008 US Presidential election, McCain stood against former US President Barack Obama and lost the election to Obama with receiving 45.7% ballots.