|Full Name||Barack Hussein Obama|
|Nickname(s)||Barry Newsweek, No Drama Obama, Bam|
|Political Journey||• In 1996, he was elected to Illinois Senate.
• In 1998, he was re-elected to Illinois Senate.
• In 2000, he lost the Democratic Primary race in the United States House of Representatives to Bobby Rush by a margin of 2 to 1.
• In 2002, he was re-elected again to Illinois Senate.
• Became the Chairman of Illinois Senate's Health and Human Services Committee in January 2003.
• Won Primary election in March 2004 with a landslide victory.
• From 2005 to 2008, served as U.S. Senator from Illinois.
• Announced his candidacy for US President on February 10, 2007.
• On November 4, 2008, he won the presidency with 365 votes to 173 received by McCain and became the 1st African American President of the United States.
• He announced his re-election campaign for the U.S. Presidency on April 4, 2011.
• He won the presidency for the 2nd time on November 6, 2012 by winning 332 electoral votes.
|Biggest Rival||Donald Trump|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height The Guardian||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1”
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1961|
|Age (as in 2019)||58 Years|
|Birthplace||Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.|
|Hometown||Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
|School||• Santo Fransiskus Asisi (St. Francis of Assisi) Catholic School, Jakarta, Indonesia
• Besuki Public School, Jakarta, Indonesia
• Punahou School, Honolulu, USA
|College/University||• University of Hawaii
• Occidental College
• Columbia College, Columbia University, New York City
• Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
|Educational Qualification||He graduated with a BA degree in 1983 (majored in Political Science with a specialty in International Relations and in English literature). Wikipedia|
|Family||Father- Barack Obama Sr. (Economist)
Mother- Ann Dunham
• Malik Abongo Obama (Half-brother)
• Mark Okoth Obama Ndesandjo (younger half-brother)
• George Obama (half-brother)
• David Ndesandjo (half-brother)
• Auma Obama (older half-sister)
• Maya Soetoro-Ng (younger half-sister)
|Religion||Protestant Christian TIME|
|Ethnicity||• His mother was mostly of English descent, with some German, Irish, Scottish, Swiss, and Welsh ancestry. HUFFPOST
• His father was a Luo Kenyan from Nyang'oma Kogelo. Wikipedia
|Address||5046 S Greenwood Avenue.
Chicago, IL 60615.
|Hobbies||Playing Basketball, watching television, playing scrabble and poker|
|Controversies||• A controversy arose in 2009 when Obama said that riches should pay more taxes.
• When a US ambassador and three other Americans were killed in Benghazi, Libya, Obama called it an "Act of Terror" and later called it an "Act of Terrorism" upon which he earned a lot of criticisms by the opposition and the media.
• When Obama said that the Health Care Reform Law, known as "Obamacare," would not be applied to illegal immigrants, it became a piece of controversy.
• Obama has been criticized for his policies in the Middle East, particularly Iraq and Syria.
• In 2009, when he was awarded Nobel Peace Prize, for most of the people it was like "bolt of the blue".
• The claim that Obama was not born in the USA, resulted in a major controversy from 2008.
• Obama was criticized for his support of Government Surveillance for violating the privacy rights of American citizens.
|Politician(s)||Martin Luther King Jr., Mahatma Gandhi|
|Quote||"Yes We Can"|
|Food||Broccoli, Burger, Hot Dogs|
|Film(s)||Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia, Boyhood|
|Book(s)||• Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
• Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Michelle Obama (married 1992)
• Malia Ann Obama (born; July 4, 1998)
• Natasha Obama (born; June 10, 2001)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$40 million (as in 2018) Business Insider|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Barack Obama
- Does Barack Obama smoke?: No (quit smoking in 2010)
- Does Barack Obama drink alcohol?: Yes
- Obama’s parents met in a Russian language class in 1960, at the University of Hawai’i.
- Obama’s father died in a road accident when Barack was just 21 years old.
- In his teenage, Obama became a member of a group made by his friends called “Choom Gang” and occasionally smoked marijuana.
- Obama made his first public speech at the Occidental College, Los Angeles in 1979.
- He traveled the first time to Europe in mid-1988.
- In 1995, Obama published a memoir “Dreams from My Father”.
- For twelve years, he taught at the University of Chicago Law School from 1996 to 2004.
- He was one of the early opponents of the George W. Bush administration’s 2003 invasion of Iraq.
- Kenya has named a beer dedicating to Obama- “Senator Keg”.
- He is pretty good at making chili and stir-fry.
- Obama loves collecting comics. Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian are among his favorite ones.
- Once Obama was a chain-smoker, but he quit smoking in 2010 for his children.
- Obama owns a pair of boxing gloves autographed by Muhammad Ali.
- He won Grammy Awards twice for Best Spoken Word Album: first, in 2006, for “Dreams from My Father” and second, in 2008, for “The Audacity of Hope”.
- In an interview, he said that had he not been into politics, he would be an architect.
- On May 22, 2018, Barack Obama, along with his wife Michelle Obama, signed a deal to produce docu-series, documentaries, and features for Netflix under the Obama’s newly formed production company, Higher Ground Productions.
- In December 2019, he shared his most-loved movies and TV shows of the year 2019. In a Facebook post, Obama wrote-
This year’s list includes everything from explorations of class dynamics and relationships, to an inspired reboot of a classic graphic novel, to a portal back to one of the most special places in history — an Aretha Franklin concert.”
The 44th president’s picks of the year 2019 ranged from well-reviewed features to documentaries, including “Parasite,” “Little Women,” “Marriage Story,” “The Irishman” and the new Netflix documentary “American Factory,” a film from Barack and Michelle Obama’s production company, Higher Ground. CNN
References/Sources: [ + ]