|Full Name||Barack Hussein Obama|
|Nickname(s)||Barry Newsweek, No Drama Obama, Bam|
|Political Journey||• In 1996, he was elected to Illinois Senate.
• In 1998, he was re-elected to Illinois Senate.
• In 2000, he lost the Democratic Primary race in the United States House of Representatives to Bobby Rush by a margin of 2 to 1.
• In 2002, he was re-elected again to Illinois Senate.
• Became the Chairman of Illinois Senate's Health and Human Services Committee in January 2003.
• Won Primary election in March 2004 with a landslide victory.
• From 2005 to 2008, served as U.S. Senator from Illinois.
• Announced his candidacy for US President on February 10, 2007.
• On November 4, 2008, he won the presidency with 365 votes to 173 received by McCain and became the 1st African American President of the United States.
• He announced his re-election campaign for the U.S. Presidency on April 4, 2011.
• He won the presidency for the 2nd time on November 6, 2012 by winning 332 electoral votes.
|Biggest Rival||Donald Trump|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height The Guardian||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1”
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1961|
|Age (as of 2021)||60 Years|
|Birthplace||Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.|
|Hometown||Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
|School||• Santo Fransiskus Asisi (St. Francis of Assisi) Catholic School, Jakarta, Indonesia
• Besuki Public School, Jakarta, Indonesia
• Punahou School, Honolulu, USA
|College/University||• University of Hawaii
• Occidental College
• Columbia College, Columbia University, New York City
• Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
|Educational Qualification||He graduated with a BA degree in 1983 (majored in Political Science with a specialty in International Relations and in English literature). Wikipedia|
|Family||Father- Barack Obama Sr. (Economist)
Mother- Ann Dunham
• Malik Abongo Obama (Half-brother)
• Mark Okoth Obama Ndesandjo (younger half-brother)
• George Obama (half-brother)
• David Ndesandjo (half-brother)
• Auma Obama (older half-sister)
• Maya Soetoro-Ng (younger half-sister)
|Religion||Protestant Christian TIME|
|Ethnicity||• His mother was mostly of English descent, with some German, Irish, Scottish, Swiss, and Welsh ancestry. HUFFPOST
• His father was a Luo Kenyan from Nyang'oma Kogelo. Wikipedia
|Address||5046 S Greenwood Avenue.
Chicago, IL 60615.
|Hobbies||Playing Basketball, watching television, playing scrabble and poker|
|Controversies||• A controversy arose in 2009 when Obama said that riches should pay more taxes.
• When a US ambassador and three other Americans were killed in Benghazi, Libya, Obama called it an "Act of Terror" and later called it an "Act of Terrorism" upon which he earned a lot of criticisms by the opposition and the media.
• When Obama said that the Health Care Reform Law, known as "Obamacare," would not be applied to illegal immigrants, it became a piece of controversy.
• Obama has been criticized for his policies in the Middle East, particularly Iraq and Syria.
• In 2009, when he was awarded Nobel Peace Prize, for most of the people it was like "bolt of the blue".
• The claim that Obama was not born in the USA, resulted in a major controversy from 2008.
• Obama was criticized for his support of Government Surveillance for violating the privacy rights of American citizens.
• In an interview with the Fox News' host Tucker Carlson in 2023, a con artist and criminal named Larry Sinclair claimed that he had sexual encounters with Barack Obama twice in 1999. He further claimed that he had even taken drugs with Obama. Larry made similar allegations when Barack Obama was running for president in 2008; however, his claims could not be substantiated as he failed the polygraph test. Firstpost While talking about this in the interview, Larry Sinclair said,
I was holed up in a bar outside and there was this guy who introduced himself as Barack Obama. I gave him $250 to pay for coke (cocaine) and start putting a line on a CD tray, and just snort."
|Politician(s)||Martin Luther King Jr., Mahatma Gandhi|
|Quote||"Yes We Can"|
|Food||Broccoli, Burger, Hot Dogs|
|Film(s)||Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia, Boyhood|
|Book(s)||• Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
• Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Michelle Obama (married 1992)
• Malia Ann Obama (born; July 4, 1998)
• Natasha Obama (born; June 10, 2001)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$40 million (as in 2018) Business Insider|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Barack Obama
- Does Barack Obama smoke?: No (quit smoking in 2010)
- Does Barack Obama drink alcohol?: Yes
- Obama’s parents met in a Russian language class in 1960, at the University of Hawai’i.
- Obama’s father died in a road accident when Barack was just 21 years old.
- In his teenage, Obama became a member of a group made by his friends called “Choom Gang” and occasionally smoked marijuana.
- Obama made his first public speech at the Occidental College, Los Angeles in 1979.
- He traveled for the first time to Europe in mid-1988.
- In 1995, Obama published a memoir “Dreams from My Father”.
- For twelve years, he taught at the University of Chicago Law School from 1996 to 2004.
- He was one of the early opponents of the George W. Bush administration’s 2003 invasion of Iraq.
- Kenya has named a beer dedicating to Obama- “Senator Keg”.
- He is pretty good at making chili and stir-fry.
- Obama loves collecting comics. Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian are among his favorite ones.
- Once Obama was a chain-smoker, but he quit smoking in 2010 for his children.
- Obama owns a pair of boxing gloves autographed by Muhammad Ali.
- He won Grammy Awards twice for Best Spoken Word Album: first, in 2006, for “Dreams from My Father” and second, in 2008, for “The Audacity of Hope”.
- In an interview, he said that had he not been into politics, he would be an architect.
- On May 22, 2018, Barack Obama, along with his wife Michelle Obama, signed a deal to produce docu-series, documentaries, and features for Netflix under Obama’s newly formed production company, Higher Ground Productions.
- In December 2019, he shared his most-loved movies and TV shows of the year 2019. In a Facebook post, Obama wrote-
This year’s list includes everything from explorations of class dynamics and relationships, to an inspired reboot of a classic graphic novel, to a portal back to one of the most special places in history — an Aretha Franklin concert.”
The 44th president’s picks of the year 2019 ranged from well-reviewed features to documentaries, including “Parasite,” “Little Women,” “Marriage Story,” “The Irishman” and the new Netflix documentary “American Factory,” a film from Barack and Michelle Obama’s production company, Higher Ground. CNN
- On July 27, 2021, the NBA announced that Obama had bought a stake in the NBA’s Africa business through his foundation. According to the NBA, Obama will hold a minority equity stake in NBA Africa.