|Nickname(s)||Butter Chicken Butter Chicken|
|Famous For||Winning the cooking reality TV show “MasterChef Australia 13” (2021)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||TV: MasterChef Australia 13 (2021)
|Date of Birth||Year 1994|
|Age (as of 2021)||27 Years|
|Ethnicity||He is a first-generation Australian with Fijian and Indian heritage. News18|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram- Justin Narayan|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Food||Charcoal Chicken and Toum|
|Challenge on MasterChef Australia 13||Cooking at Andy’s Three Blue Ducks restaurant|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Justin Narayan
- Justin Narayan is an Australian pastor of Indian origin. In 2021, he became the winner of the cooking TV reality show “MasterChef Australia 13” (2021).
- He grew up in Sydney, Australia.
- While in school, Justin loved watching the TV show Iain Hewitson Huey’s Cooking Adventures and developed an interest in cooking. He used to watch the show after returning from his school.
- He started learning cooking from his mother when he was just 13 years old.
- Justin fell in love with the culture, history, people, and food of India after his visit to India in 2017.
- In one of his interviews, Justin shared that he wanted to have a food truck or a restaurant of his own, which will feature Indian flavours that he grew up eating and from the profit earned from those eateries, he would like to help feed and educate children dwelling in the slums of India.
- In 2018, Justin moved to Perth, Australia, and started living there.
- Justin was dating a girl named Esther Smoothy and decided to propose to her for marriage after dating for around two years. However, he postponed the idea as he got selected to be a part of the cooking reality TV show “MasterChef Australia 13.” Later, when he came back home during the Christmas break, Justin proposed to Esther in front of his family and friends.
- He kept his master’s degree on hold to take part in the show “MasterChef Australia 13.”
- Before participating in “MasterChef Australia 13,” Justin was working as a youth pastor; helping create a fun and safe community for teenagers.
- Justin became the winner of “MasterChef Australia 13” on 13 July 2021. He took home the coveted MasterChef trophy along with the prize money of USD 250,000 (Rs 1.86 crore).
- During an interview, when asked about his feelings after winning the show, Narayan said,
I feel incredibly honoured and humbled to have that title and to be able to win this competition. I’m genuinely going to take a week to process this and let it sink in, and then I’ll, like, write you an email, let you know how I feel.”
- In an interview, sharing his experience of being on the show “MasterChef Australia 13,” Narayan said,
It is a very humbling experience and I am absolutely honoured to be a part of it. I’m going to be a sponge and try to enjoy as much of it as I can.”
- After winning the show, Justin took to Instagram and wrote,
Find people that believe in you. Back yourself. Go hard and hopefully you’ll surprise yourself! Whoever’s reading this I love you.”
- Justin likes to travel and cook in his free time.
- Even though Justin excels at cooking a variety of cuisines, he possesses a great understanding of Indian flavours.
- He draws inspiration from the chefs Gaggan Anand and Gordon Ramsay.
- Justin is the second person of Indian origin to win MasterChef Australia; the first being the prison guard Sashi Cheliah who won the show in 2018.
- The dishes with which he impressed the judges of MasterChef Australia are Indian Chicken Tacos, Charcoal Chicken with Toum, Flatbread and Pickle Salad, and Indian Chicken Curry.
- Justin is residing at City Beach, Perth, Australia (as of 2021).