Hometown: Maniyanodi, Thrikaripur, Kasaragod
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Real name||K Vidya|
|Famous For||Forged Experience Certificate|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Age (as of 2023)||Not Known|
|Birthplace||Maniyanodi, Thrikaripur, Kasaragod|
|Hometown||Maniyanodi, Thrikaripur, Kasaragod|
|College/University||• Graduation from Payyannur College
• PhD from Kalady Sree Sankaracharya Sanskrit University in 2020
|Educational Qualification||• Graduation in Malayalam
|Controversies||• Fake Experience Certificate
According to reports, Vidya submitted counterfeit experience documents and certificates during her job interview for the guest lecturer position at the Malayalam Department of RGM Government College of Attappady in Palakkad district on June 2, 2023. On June 7, 2023, the matter came to public attention when the RGM college authorities, doubting the authenticity of the certificates, sent Vidya's experience certificate to the principal of Maharaja's College. It was discovered that Vidya had previously utilized the same forged certificate while working at Karinthalam College in Kasaragod from June 2022 to March 2023. The case gained media coverage when another controversy involving PM Arsho, the State Secretary of SFI (Students Federation of India), emerged. It was revealed that Arsho's mark sheet indicated he had passed exams at Maharaja's College without actually taking them. Arsho, an MA Archaeology student, clarified that he had not written any papers during the third-semester exams, leading to allegations against him. The authorities of Maharaja's College attributed it to a software error at the National Informatics Centre (NIC). The principal of Maharaja's College confirmed that Vidya had presented forged documents in the college's name and stated that they had not employed any guest faculty in the Malayalam department for the past 10 years. As a result, the authorities of Maharaja's College filed a complaint against Vidya. The Ernakulam Central police initiated a case against Vidya based on a petition filed by the authorities of Maharaja's College, accusing her of using forged experience documents and claiming to have worked as an assistant professor on a contractual basis in the college from June 2018 to March 2019 and from June 2020 to March 2021.
According to the First Information Report (FIR) reports, Vidya has been charged under Sections 465 (forgery), 468 (forgery for the purpose of cheating), and 471 (using a forged document or electronic record) of the Indian Penal Code. The case was later transferred to Agali police station since RGM College falls under its jurisdiction. On Wednesday, June 21, 2023, the police took Vidya into custody from Meppayur in Kozhikode. She was apprehended at around 7 pm from her friend's residence in Meppayur. The police stated that they were able to locate and capture Vidya using mobile phone calls and the tower location of her friends. The News Minute The Times of India
• Manipulation of the Reservation Roster
According to reports, there is evidence suggesting manipulation of the reservation roster during K Vidya's PhD admission process at Kalady Sree Sankaracharya Sanskrit University's SC/ST cell in 2020. The reports also indicate the involvement of the vice-chancellor's office in the matter. As a result, Dr. Bichu Malayil has distanced themselves from any academic association with K Vidya during her PhD program at the university, pending Vidya's innocence being proven. Additionally, the reports state that Vidya used her forged experience certificate from Government Arts and Science College, Kinanoor, Karindalam, Kasaragod, to secure the position of a guest lecturer. Mathru Bhumi
|Relationships & More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About K Vidya
- K Vidya, a former leader of the Students’ Federation of India (SFI) in India, is accused of providing a fake experience certificate from Maharaja’s College in Kerala. She allegedly used this certificate to get a job in the Malayalam Department of RGM Government College in Palakkad district. The News Minute
- She served as a member of the college union and actively participated in the Student Federation of India (SFI) at Maharaja’s College and Sanskrit University.
- Based on her experience certificates, she has held positions as a contractual assistant professor at Maharaja College, Ernakulam. She worked in this capacity from June 2018 to March 2019, and again from June 2020 to March 2021.
- As a guest faculty, she also gained work experience at Karinthalam College in Kasaragod. She served in this role from June 2022 to March 2023.
- According to the Congress party, Vidya used political connections to get fake certificates as she was an SFI activist during her college days at Maharaja College. But Education Minister R Bindu said that the stamp on the certificate was not real, and the college has no connection to it. Mathru Bhumi
- After 15 days of filing the complaint, K Vidya was arrested. The police confirmed that she used fake certificates to outdo a senior candidate, K. Rasitha, and secure a job at Karinthalam Government College in Kasaragod. Vidya admitted that the false documents played a role in helping her secure the job. Among all the candidates shortlisted, Vidya obtained the highest rank while Rasitha secured the second position. If Vidya had not submitted the fake documents, Rasitha would have gotten the job at the college. Onmanorama
- According to sources, K Vidya created the fake documents using her mobile phone. She made the counterfeit seal and the entire certificate without any assistance. The cam scanner app was used to generate the college seal and designation seal, while the college logo was downloaded from Google. Kerala Kaumudi
- With the assistance of a cyber cell, the police successfully recovered the fake documents from K Vidya’s mobile phone. Reports suggest that she had destroyed all of her original forged certificates.
- Vidya was initially arrested by Agali police but was later granted bail with certain conditions. However, she was arrested again in the Kasaragod case.
- During the interrogation, Vidya experienced discomfort and was subsequently admitted to the hospital. According to doctors, her condition was attributed to severe dehydration, and she was not feeling well. The New India Express