|Real Name||Deepika Singh Rajawat|
|Profession(s)||Advocate at Jammu and Kashmir High Court, Human Rights Activist|
|Famous For||Being the Attorney of Kathua Rape Case|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Date of Birth||Year 1980 Deccan Chronicle|
|Age (as in 2018)||38 Years|
|Hometown||Karihama village, Kupwara district, Jammu & Kashmir, India Deccan Chronicle|
|College/University||National Law University, Jodhpur|
|Educational Qualification||A Degree in Law|
|Controversy||In November 2018, she was removed by the victim’s family as their attorney; citing her security issues due to which she could not appear in the court’s proceedings in Pathankot. The family submitted before the Pathankot Sessions Judge Court that the case of the prosecution is to be dealt further by special public prosecutors SS Basra and District Attorney Jagdishwar Kumar Chopra who would be assisted by KK Puri, Harbhajan Singh, Mubeen Farooky and other advocates. Deepika also faced allegations for taking advantage of the Case to brighten her image in the media.|
|Tattoo||On the side of her left-palm
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Name Not Known
|Children||Son- Not Known
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Rakesh Raina
Sisters- Neelam Raina, Rain Raina, Palvee Raina
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepika Singh Rajawat
- In April 2018, Deepika Singh Rajawat made headlines after she appeared in the Jammu and Kashmir High Court on behalf of Asifa Bano‘s biological father, Muhammad Akhtar.
- Asifa Bano was an 8-year-old girl who was brutally gang-raped and murdered in Jammu & Kashmir’s Kathua district in January 2018.
- She is the Chairperson of Voice For Rights, an NGO working for human rights.
- She also works with Child Rights and You (CRY), a Delhi based NGO for protection of child rights.
- She approached Asifa’s family in February 2018 to fight for Asifa’s justice.
- Deepika has alleged that she has been battling ‘prejudice’, ‘bias’ and ‘threats’ from her fellow colleagues to fight for Asifa.
- Deepika Singh Rajawat was the first one who had moved a writ petition in Asifa’s case.
- As soon as she took the case, her bar membership was cancelled.
- For her work in the field of Juvenile Justice, Deepika Singh Rajawat has been awarded the Charkha fellowship and has also received the Ladli award.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡
References/Sources: [ + ]
|1, 2.||↑||Deccan Chronicle|