|Full Name||Karan Oberoi|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Model, Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 inches
- Waist: 34 inches
- Biceps: 15 inches
|Date of Birth||14 September 1978|
|Age (as in 2017)||39 Years|
|Birth Place||Amritsar, Punjab|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|College||National Institute of Personnel Management (NIPM), Chennai|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Nautical Science|
|Debut||Film: Kiss Kis Ko (2004)
TV: Swabhimaan (1995)
Singing (as part of the band- A Band of Boys): "Meri Neend Ud Gai Hai" (2002)
|Family||Father- B. J. S. Oberoi
Mother- Rupinder Oberoi
|Hobbies||Playing the Guitar|
|Favourite Singer||Jagjit Singh|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Mona Singh, Actress (2006-2008)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karan Oberoi
- Does Karan Oberoi smoke?: No
- Does Karan Oberoi drink alcohol?: No
- He rose to fame with the TV show- Swabhimaan (1995) that was aired on DD National.
- Karan is tagged with the credit of founding India’s first all-male band, A Band of Boys.
- His band member, Sudhanshu Pandey, was also seen acting alongside him in the 2001 daily soap- Dishayen.
- Karan is best-remembered for playing Jassi’s (Mona Singh) love interest in SONY TV’s sitcom – Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin. Interestingly, the two were reportedly involved in a fling in real life as well.
- Despite a successful TV career, Karan took a sabbatical in the year 2008 to pursue his interests in music. For 8-long-years, he did not appear in any of the TV shows and focussed solely on his band’s live concerts.
- He was reportedly injured while shooting for his debut production venture- Strawberry point (2017). “The injury happened on the set of my debut film Strawberry Point. While shooting with a chase sequence, I was supposed to jump from the second floor of the house, onto cardboard boxes. Although I was wearing a body rig, I jumped and miscalculated my landing position and landed on my back, on the concrete floor. My back snapped and I had a herniated lower disc,” said Karan in an interview.
- The Band’s debut song, “Meri Neend Ud Gai Hai”, became very popular among the masses.
- ‘A Band of Boys’, however, split up in 2014, forcing Karan to create singles. As a result, he released his independent song, “Challa”, on YouTube in 2015.