Karan Oberoi (Actor & Singer) Age, Wife, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 40 Years
|Profession(s)||Actor, Anchor, Singer|
|Famous For||Being a part of the Indipop boy band, A Band of Boys|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 inches
- Waist: 34 inches
- Biceps: 15 inches
|Debut||Film: Kiss Kisko (2004)
TV: Swabhimaan (1995)
Singing (as part of the band- A Band of Boys): "Meri Neend Ud Gai Hai" (2002)
|Date of Birth||14 September 1978|
|Age (as in 2018)||40 Years|
|College/University||National Institute of Personnel Management (NIPM), Chennai|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Nautical Science|
|Hobbies||Playing the Guitar, Listening to Music|
|Controversy||In May 2019, he was arrested for allegedly raping and blackmailing a woman in Mumbai. Reportedly, he raped the woman on the pretext of marrying her.|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Mona Singh, Actress (2006-2008)
|Parents||Father- B. J. S. Oberoi (Ex Indian Army)
Mother- Rupinder Oberoi
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Bhupinder Oberoi & 1 More
Sister- Gurbani Oberoi
|Favourite Food||Indian Street Food Like Chaat, Golgappa, etc.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karan Oberoi
- Does Karan Oberoi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Karan Oberoi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Karan Oberoi is an Indian film and television actor who is best known for his role in the TV serial Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin (2003–06).
- Born in Amritsar and grew up in Chandigarh, Karan is a typical Punjabi boy who went on to earn fame in the Hindi Entertainment Industry.
- He first rose to fame with the TV show- Swabhimaan (1995), which was directed by Mahesh Bhatt and was aired on DD National.
- Karan is tagged with the credit of founding India’s first all-male band, A Band of Boys, which was formed in 2001.
- His band member, Sudhanshu Pandey, was also seen acting alongside him in the 2001 daily soap- Dishayen.
- Karan is best-remembered for playing Jassi’s (Mona Singh) love interest in SONY TV’s sitcom – Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin. Interestingly, the two were reportedly involved in an affair in real life as well.
- Despite a successful TV career, Karan took a sabbatical in the year 2008 to pursue his interests in music. For 8-long-years, he did not appear in any of the TV shows and focussed solely on his band’s live concerts.
- He was reportedly injured while shooting for his debut production venture- Strawberry point (2017). Talking about his injuries, Karan said-
The injury happened on the set of my debut film Strawberry Point. While shooting with a chase sequence, I was supposed to jump from the second floor of the house, onto cardboard boxes. Although I was wearing a body rig, I jumped and miscalculated my landing position and landed on my back, on the concrete floor. My back snapped and I had a herniated lower disc.”
- The Band’s debut song, “Meri Neend Ud Gai Hai”, became very popular among the masses.
- ‘A Band of Boys,’ however, split up in 2014, forcing Karan to create singles. As a result, he released his independent song, “Challa,” on YouTube in 2015.