Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahesh Bhatt
- Does Mahesh Bhatt smoke?: Yes
- Does Mahesh Bhatt drink alcohol?: Yes
- Mahesh Bhatt inherited the legacy of his father of being Director, his Father Nanabhai Bhatt was also in the same profession. Nanabhai’s career lasted 40 years from 1942 until 1982.
- Saaransh, which was directed by Bhatt, was India’s official submission for the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 1985.
- Bhatt has a relation with actor Emraan Hashmi and director Milan Luthria. His mother was the sister of both Hashmi’s grandmother and Luthria’s grandmother.
- Mahesh Bhatt co-owns the film production company Vishesh Films, along with his brother Mukesh Bhatt. The company is named after Mukesh’s son Vishesh, right now, Vishesh is film Producer.
- Bhatt follows a philosopher UG Krishnamurti (also known as Jiddu Krishnamurti). Bhatt even wrote Krishnamurti’s biography titled “U.G. Krishnamurti, A Life” in 1992. Later, in 2009, he wrote another book titled “A Taste of Life: The Last Days of UG Krishnamurti”. Bhatt was at Krishnamurti’s bedside when he died in Vallecrosia in Italy and had his guru cremated.
- Bhatt made his debut as playback singer this year in the Emraan Hashmi’s starring movie, Mr. X in which he sang the title song. As Bhatt explained, “Every time before we record a song first I sing it.
- Bhatt counts on the Congress party is committed to secularism. In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, he campaigned in a Karvan-e-Bedari (caravan of awareness) asking people to vote for Congress and defeat BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, as he believes that Narendra Modi is communal. Bhatt also criticizes the communal record of Congress Party, for its role in Rajiv Gandhi Sponsored 1984 Sikh genocide.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)