Death Date: 16/07/2021
Death Cause: Cardiac Arrest
|Full Name||Surekha Sikri Rege|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 3”
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||19 April 1945|
|Date of Death||16 July 2021|
|Place of Death||Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||76 Years|
|Death Cause||Cardiac Arrest The Indian Express|
|Hometown||Almora, Nainital, UIttarakhand|
|College/University||GEC Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
National School of Drama (NSD)
|Education Qualification||Graduation in Theatre & Drama|
|Debut||TV: Kabhi Kabhi (1997)
Film: Kissa Kursi Ka
|Family||Father- Not Known (Airforce Officer)
Mother- Not Known (Teacher)
Brother- Not Known
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Widow|
|Husband||Late Hemant Rege|
|Children||Son- Rahul Sikri
Daughter- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Surekha Sikri
- Surekha Sikri was a veteran actress. She made her debut in the 1978 political drama film Kissa Kursi Ka and went on to play supporting roles in numerous Hindi and Malayalam films, as well as in Indian soap operas.
- She graduated from National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi in 1968.
- The actor Naseeruddin Shah is her former brother-in-law, as his first marriage was with her step-sister Manara Sikri.
- She was married to Hemant Rege, and her son Rahul Sikri, who lives in Mumbai, works as an artist. She lost her husband Hemant Rege due to heart failure on 20 October 2009.
- In 2019, she won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film “Badhaai Ho.”