|Other name||KSG Her Zindagi.com|
|Profession(s)||Model, TV & Film Actor|
|Famous role||Dr Armaan Malik in the Hindi TV serial ‘Dill Mill Gayye’ (2007)
|Physical Stats & More|
|The Times of India Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 17 Inches
|Debut||TV: Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi (2004) as Arnav Deol; aired on MTV
Film: Alone (2015) as Kabir
Web Series: BOSS: Baap of Special Services (2019) as Sudhir Kohli/Keshav Khatri streamed on ALTBalaji
|Awards||• 2013: Indian Telly Awards for Best Television Personality of the Year for Qubool Hai
• 2013: Indian Television Academy Awards for Desh Ka Sitara – Best Actor Popular for Qubool Hai
• 2013: Zee Gold Awards for Best Onscreen Jodi for Qubool Hai
• 2013: Zee Gold Awards for Best Actor Popular for Qubool Hai
• 2017: Zee Gold Awards for Rising Star from Television
• 2019: Zee Gold Awards for Best Actor Negative (Popular) for Kasautii Zindagii Kay
|Date of Birth||23 February 1982 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||41 Years|
|School||International Indian School, Dammam (IISD), Saudi Arabia|
|College/University||Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Administration The Times of India Telly Chakkar YouTube- Telly Masala|
|Religion/Religious Beliefs||He was born in a Sikh family. Business Standard In an interview, he talked about religion, he said,
"I am not religious, but I do pray every night before going to sleep. I personally do not believe in any religion."
|Ethnicity||Punjabi Business Standard|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Pinkvilla|
|Tattoo(s)||• On his left shoulder and bicep: Archangel Michael slaying Lucifer and shoving him back down in the fires of hell
• On his left arm: Shiv Linga with a trident
• On his left wrist: Anything But
• On his right wrist: Ordinary
• On his right shoulder: A dragon
• On his right elbow: Binding seal of the seven Archangels
• On his right forearm: Buddhist chant
• On his right calf: The word ‘Superstar’ in Japanese with a star
|Controversy||Tiff With the Makers of a TV Show
In 2013, according to producers of the TV serial 'Qubool Hai' Karan was sacked from the show because of his tantrums and unprofessional behaviour. Koimoi In an interview, Ajay Bhalwankar the content head of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited said,
"Unprofessional behaviour will always be accorded with strict disciplinary action. Actors should not take things lightly when they agree to be a part of a show as their erratic behaviour can affect the livelihoods of many others who are working on it. No actor can hold shoots or dictate their terms and conditions to an extent that it hampers the show.”
When Karan was asked about the same, he said,
"Asad is a very heavy character and I needed to break way from playing it every day. When you are being someone like him for more than 12 hours, everyday, you start getting disconnected with the reality. That was my major issue. I think if anyone wants to maintain the standard of creativity, then you cannot stretch it for long. Then it becomes mundane.”
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Shraddha Nigam (TV actress)
• Nicole Alvares (choreographer; 2009)
• Jennifer Winget (TV actress; 2012)
• Gul Khan (TV producer)
• Bipasha Basu (actor)
|Marriage Date||• First Marriage- 2 December 2008
• Second Marriage- 9 April 2012
• Third Marriage- 30 April 2016
|Wife/Spouse||• First Wife- Shraddha Nigam (m. 2008, div. 2009)
• Second Wife- Jennifer Winget (m. 2012, div. 2014)
• Third Wife- Bipasha Basu (m. 2016)
|Children||On 12 November 2022, Karan and Bipasha welcomed a baby girl, Devi. Hindustan Times
Note: In August 2023, Bipasha revealed that Devi was born with two holes in her heart, and Devi had to undergo open heart surgery when she was three months old. She also revealed that Karan was initially skeptical about the surgery; however, she later convinced him, and eventually, the surgery was successful. The Indian Express
|Parents||Father- Amrit Pal Singh (worked at a travel agency)
Mother- Deepa Singh
|Siblings||Brother- Ishmeet Singh Grover
|Food||Burger, Pizza, Vada Pao|
|Amar Ujala Car Collection||• Audi Q7
• Toyota Fortuner
|Income/Fees (approx.)||Rs 75 lakhs per month (as of 2019) International Business Times|
|Assets/Properties||A Porsche flat in Mumbai Amar Ujala|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs 219 crores (as of 2022) Amar Ujala|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karan Singh Grover
- Karan Singh Grover is an Indian TV & film actor and model. He is married to the famous Indian actress Bipasha Basu.
- During an interview, Karan said that in his childhood, his parents used to dress him like a girl to hide his identity as a Sikh boy. While sharing the reason behind it, he said,
I am originally a surd who was born in Delhi in 1982, just two years before the Sikh riots, so all my childhood pictures are in baby frocks with ponytails as my parents wanted to hide the fact that I was a Sikh boy, given the riots. My dad worked for a travel agency and we soon moved to Saudi Arabia. There are co-ed schools in Saudi, but those are American or British.”
- His family then shifted to Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia and stayed there for almost 12 years.
- After completing a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Administration, Karan worked at the Sheraton Hotel, Muscat, Oman as a marketing executive.
- In 2004, Karan won the ‘Most Popular Model’ title in the male beauty pageant ‘Gladrags Manhunt Contest.’ In an interview, while talking about participating in the contest, he said,
Since I was the shortest at 5’9”, I was first. I was selected as the most popular model, but nothing happened for a long time. I would audition and be told that my face is very hard, so I should try modelling. When I met coordinators for modelling, they would tell me you have a very soft face, you should try television. So then I would go to TV auditions, they would tell me your face is very blank and expressionless, you should try something else.”
- In the initial years of his acting career, he did cameo roles in a few Hindi TV serials such as ‘Princess Dollie Aur Uska Magic Bag’ (2005), ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’ (2005), ‘Solhah Singaarr’ (2006), and ‘Parrivaar’ (2007).
- In 2007, he played the role of Dr Armaan Malik in the Hindi TV serial ‘Dill Mill Gayye’ (2007). He gained immense popularity with the TV show which was aired on Star One.
- Karan has hosted a few reality TV shows such as ‘Zara Nachke Dikha’ (2008) and ‘Perfect Couple’ (2011).
- In 2008, after a few months of dating, Karan tied the knot with the Indian TV actress Shraddha Nigam following the Punjabi wedding rituals. However, within 10 months, they called off their marriage. During an interview, while talking about his failed marriage with Shradhha, Karan said,
First one to Shraddha Nigam, was may be too early. I was just 26 that time. Remembering my father’s words at that time that it may be too soon, rings a bell now. It lasted only for six months. We lived together only for two months. We felt that we were bringing out the worst in each other and felt like a jail. You don’t want to see that ugly side of yourself. I felt claustrophobic after which I moved out and we divorced in 2009.”
- Karan has participated in a few reality TV shows such as ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3’ (2009) and ‘Fear Factor: Khatron Me Khiladi 3’ (2010).
- In 2012, Karan got married to his co-star Jennifer Winget in a Christian wedding ceremony. In an interview, Karan shared that in 2005, he met Jennifer for the first time on the sets of the TV serial ‘Kasauti Zindagi Kay.’ In the show, they were paired opposite each other, and while shooting for the TV serial, they became good friends. In 2009, they were again cast together in the Hindi TV show ‘Dill Mill Gayye,’ and soon, their friendship turned to love. In 2012, the couple got married, however, within two years of their marriage, problems started arising between them due to their busy schedule. There were also rumours that Jennifer caught Karan red-handed while cheating on her, and she slapped him for the same. Koimoi During an interview, while talking about the divorce, Jennifer said,
I think both of us were not ready. It’s not just him (Karan Singh Grover) or it’s not just me, both of us weren’t ready to take that step. We had been friends for so long. We were like a house on fire every time we met. But I think it was an unfortunate timing I guess.”
- In an interview, Karan shared that in 2012, he was in the low phase of his career due to which he faced many financial difficulties and borrowed money from his father. He said,
In 2011-2012 after my first divorce. My show Dill Mill Gayye that I was doing got over and I wasted a year doing a film that did not get released. I had lost my constant income from TV but continued my spending. There came a time when during that time I had to borrow money from my dad again, who had retired by then and that was terrible. I felt like a failure and felt like I had let down my family and everybody who had had faith in me. I had been a rebel all my life and would not even talk to my parents, as I did not want to burden them more. Right from when I have been a kid, I don’t like confrontation. Now, I avoid by going to the gym, but when I was a kid, I would go lock myself in my cupboard. Every time I was sad or angry, I would lock myself.”
He further shared that he even consulted a psychiatrist for his psychological issues. He said,
I become self-destructive when I am sad and many times, I have harmed myself physically. As the doctor explained to me, I was undergoing clinical depression and what is medically called dissociation with reality. If something emotionally really bad happens in my life, then I completely physically, emotionally and mentally shut down. I have a name for it too. I call it Alcatraz, a jail in the world from where no one knows how to escape.”
- In 2012, he acted in a few Hindi TV serials such as ‘Teri Meri Love Stories,’ ‘Dil Dosti Dance,’ and ‘Qubool Hai.’
- In his debut Hindi film ‘Alone’ (2015), he was paired opposite the popular Indian actress Bipasha Basu. While shooting for the film, Karan and Bipasha became friends, and soon, fell in love with each other. During an interview, Karan shared how he proposed to Bipasha. He said,
We were in Koh Samui, it was December 31 and the sky was lit with fireworks. I was carrying the ring with me and something told me that this is the right time. So while she was capturing the fireworks on video, I took the opportunity and gave her the ring.”
Although, it was not easy for Bipasha to convince her parents to get married to Karan as he had two failed marriages at that time. In an interview, while talking about the same, Bipasha said,
Failed marriage is not the sign that the human being has to be wrong. So, it’s not that they should be condemned. Like for me, I explained to my parents that the kind of relationship that I had was longer and it’s much bigger than his marriage. It’s just that I did not sign a piece of paper. So how does it make me different from him? Relationships don’t work out, it’s unfortunate but in the longer run when you look back you are always happier. It’s always said that things happen in your life for a reason and it’s always true.”
The couple lovingly calls themselves #MonkeyCouple.
- In 2015, he appeared in the Hindi film ‘Hate Story 3’ along with actors like Sharman Joshi, Zareen Khan, and Daisy Shah.
- Karan made his comeback to the Hindi TV series in 2019 with the Star Plus TV serial ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2’ in which he played the role of Rishabh Bajaj.
- Karan Singh Grover has appeared in a few Hindi web series such as ‘Dangerous’ (2020) and ‘Qubool Hai 2.0’ (2021).
- He is a fitness freak and daily follows his strict workout regime.
View this post on Instagram
- He has walked the ramp in many popular fashion shows.
- Karan and Bipasha have been featured together in TV commercials for many brands like Oppo, Spring Fit Mattress, and Playgard Condoms. The couple has been the brand ambassador of UM Motorcycles and for the signature Brand of RockyS for quite a few years.
- He has been featured on the cover page of magazines such as Farlook and FHM Fit.
- Karan and the Indian actor Ayaz Khan shares a good bond and have been friends for a very long time.
- Karan is an artist and loves painting. He has a website ‘Star Infinity Art.com’ where he shares his paintings. In an interview, he shared how he started painting. He said,
I bought acrylic paints, black pens and spray paints – I didn’t know where to start at first. But, once I started experimenting, mostly in black pen and ink, a pattern emerged, and I realised I was drawing in sequence.”
View this post on Instagram
- In 2022, Karan and Bipasha took to their Instagram account to share the news of Bipasha’s pregnancy.