Height: 5' 7"
Husband: Karan Singh Grover
Age: 40 Years
|Nickname||Bips, Bippy, Bipsy, Bonny|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 7"
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 57 Kg
in Pounds- 125 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||7 January 1979|
|Age (as in 2019)||40 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricon|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||Apeejay High School, Delhi (1st-4th standard)
Bhavan's Gangabux Kanoria Vidyamandir, Kolkata (5th-12th standard)
|College||Bhawanipur Education Society College, Kolkata (dropped)|
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Debut||Film: Ajnabee (2001)|
|Family||Father- Hirak Basu (Engineer, owns a construction company in Kolkata)
Mother- Mamata Basu (homemaker)
Sisters- Bidisha Basu (elder), Vijeyata Basu (younger)
|Address||105/B, Ashiyana Estate, John Bapist Road, Bandra, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading, Doing Pilates|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes- swimming, doing workout, visiting Kolkata
Dislikes- waiting in the sets after putting make up
|Major Controversies||• A tape was released in which politician Amar Singh was talking to a girl in explicit manner, her name was Bipasha and moreover her voice was also like Bipasha. But later Amar Singh denied it, he said that it was some other girl named Bipasha.
• In 2014, she left the promotions of her film "Humshakals" because of some issues with producer, Sajid Khan
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Brad Pitt|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
|Favourite TV Show||Sex and the City|
|Favourite Beverage||Lemon iced tea|
|Favourite Food(s)||Biryani, Teh Poshto, Motichoor Laddu|
|Favourite Label(s)||Fenty by Rihanna, The Honest Company by Jessica Alba|
|Favourite Author(s)||Robin Cook, John Grisham|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Dino Morea (Actor)
John Abraham (Actor)
Josh Hartnet (Hollywood Actor)
Harman Baweja (Actor)
Karan Singh Grover (Actor)
|Husband/Spouse||Karan Singh Grover (m. 2016-present)|
|Marriage Date||April 30, 2016|
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Mercedes S-class, Volkswagen Beetle|
|Salary||Per film: 1-2 Crores (INR)|
|Net Worth||100 Crores (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bipasha Basu
- Does Bipasha Basu smoke?: No
- Does Bipasha Basu drink alcohol?: No
- Because of her looks and her tomboyish nature, she was called “lady gunda” by everyone who knew her.
- She started her modelling career at the age of 17.
- She was very good at studies, she never thought of taking modelling as her career. Ex-supermodel, Mehr Jessia (now Arjun Rampal’s wife) suggested her to take part in supermodel contest.
- In 1996, she became the winner of “Godrej Cinthol Supermodel Contest” which gave her a chance to go to New York for pursuing her modelling career.
- She has been named as one of the most desirable women in the world by many magazines.
- Even though she is one of the top models and actresses of Bollywood, she says that she regrets not completing her studies and that she could not pursue her dream of becoming a doctor.
- Her name means, “deep, dark desire”.
- She is a big fitness freak, she has also launched her own fitness DVDs.
- She is a very huge fan of Hollywood actor, Brad Pitt.
- She is not a brand person, she even picks her clothes from roadside stores.
- Her all-time favourite fashion era is the 1960s.