Katie Ledecky Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Age: 25 Years
Height: 5' 11"
Hometown: Bethesda, Maryland
|Full Name||Kathleen Genevieve Ledecky
|Nickname(s)||"Katie", Ledecks, Ledeckster, Deckster
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 55 kg
in Pounds- 170 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||34-25-35|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|International Debut||2012 Summer Olympics|
|Club||Nation's Capital Swim Club (NCAP)
|Records (main ones)||WORLD RECORDS:
• 1500 m Freestyle in 15:36.53, at 2013 World Championships,Barcelona, Spain on July 30, 2013, at the age of 16.
• 800 m freestyle in 8:13.86, at 2013 World Championships Barcelona, Spain on August 3, 2013, at the age of 16.
• 1500 m freestyle in 15:34.23, at 2014 TWST Senior Invitational Shenandoah, Texas, onJune 19, 2014, at the age of 17.
• 800 m freestyle in 8:11.00 at 2014 TWST Senior Invitational, Shenandoah, Texas on June 22, 2014, at the age of 17.
• 400 m freestyle, 3:58.86, 2014 at National Championships Irvine, California, on August 9, 2014, at the age of 17.
• 400 m freestyle in 3:58.37, at 2014 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships, Gold Coast, Australia on August 23, 2014, at the age of 17.
• 1500 m freestyle in 15:28.36, at 2014 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships Gold Coast, Australia on August 24, 2014, at the age of 17.
• 1500 m freestyle in 15:27.71, at the 2015 World Championships, Kazan, Russia, on August 3, 2015, at the age of 18.
• 1500 m freestyle in 15:25.48, at the 2015 World Championships Kazan, Russia, on August 4, 2015, at the age of 18.
• 800 m freestyle in 8:07.39, at the 2015 World Championships, Kazan, Russia, on August 8, 2015, at the age of 18.
• 800 m freestyle in 8:06.68, at the 2016 Arena Pro Swim Series, Austin, Texas, on January 17, 2016, at the age of 18.
• On 22 June 2022, she claimed her 18th gold at a worlds as the United States won the women’s 4x200 freestyle relay final, extending her her record haul of medals from the world championships to 21. The Hindu
|Career Turning Point||2012 Olympics|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1997
|Age (as of 2022)||25 Years|
|School||Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart|
|College||Stanford (starting in 2016)|
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Family||Father- David Ledecky
Mother- Mary Gen Hagan (University of New Mexico swimmer)
Brother- Michael Ledecky (Former Swimmer, Harvard Passout, New York Islanders co-cowner)
|Hobbies||Volunteering, Scrabble, Chess, Piano, Dancing and Singing.|
|Sports Team||Washington Capitals and New York Islanders|
|Musicians||The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, Taylor Swift, Train, Gavin DeGraw|
|Movie Series||Harry Potter Series|
|TV Show||Blue Bloods|
|Charities||Catholic Charities, Shepherd's Table, Bikes for the World and Wounded Warriors|
|Affairs, Family & More|
|Net Worth (approx.)||1 million Euro
Some Lesser Known Facts About Katie Ledecky
- Katie Ledecky, the Olympic gold medalist has been the world champion for nine times.
- She dominates the freestyle swimming like a queen and is the current world record holder for the long course 400, 800, and 1500 m freestyle events.
- She also has recorded the fastest time for the 500, 1000, and 1650 yards freestyle swimming.
- Katie won her first gold medal only when she was 15 years old and recorded the second-highest time for the 800 m event.
- In total, she has won fifteen medals, out of which, all were just gold. During her short, yet successful career, she has broken 11 world records.
- She has swim-picked these medals in the international events at the Olympics, World Championships, and the Pan-Pacific Championships.
- She has been titled the “World Swimmer of the Year” and American Swimmer of the Year for three consecutive years from 2013, 2014, and 2015. She was also awarded the FINA Swimmer of the Year in 2013.
- L’Équipe titled her the international Champion of Champions 2014. Also, she was the youngest person to be on the Time 100 list of Time magazine.
- It is commendable to win seven individual gold medals as Katie did in the World Aquatic Championships. No wonder it is a record in women’s swimming.
- She started swimming at the age of six as her brother’s influence inspired her to swim.
- Ledecky was outstanding in swimming while her school life. She set several American, US Open, and school records. She set records in all the swimming events in Stone Ridge School except in the 100 m backstrokes.
- Ledecky has already accepted the scholarship from Stanford University to attend the course and swim for coach Greg Meehan’s “Stanford Cardinal” swimming team for women.
- Katie was the youngest person to participate in the 2012 Olympics, at the age of 15 years. In an interview, while talking about her achievements at the 2012 Olympics, she said,
I knew if I put my mind to it, I could do it, I wasn’t intimidated at all.”
- She is gonna be in the spotlight in Rio because of her outstanding record. She has also tied time with the legendary Michael Phelps in the 400-meter freestyle heats at Pro Swim Series at Mesa, Ariz. They recorded at the same time with a gap of 35 mins in their performances.
- It comes as no surprise looking at her skill that she does more sessions than most of the swimmers. She does 8-9 sessions a week and swims 8000 m in 2.5 hours.
- Ledecky has a ritual to clap three times before she jumps into the water. But once, she was not able to do that because she could not hear the starter because of the noise from the crowd supporting the brit swimmer Rebecca Adlington. She jumped with everyone without the ritual, proving that no ritual is bigger than determination, hard work, and faith as she finished first.
- Katie does not let her success define her. She says,
Working hard and doing everything I can to be successful should be my identity.”
- The best active distance swimmer in the United States, Connor Jaegar says,
What makes Katie so remarkable is just how insatiable she is, she always wants more.”
- Swimmers feel like they are just swimming for the second and third positions only if Katie keeps on doing what she is doing.
- She is a news nerd and has been following the presidential races all through.
- Ledecky broke an arm while playing basketball when she was in fourth grade as she slipped over a sweaty spot on the court.
- She has been setting goals for herself that look ridiculous when she sets them, but start to seem reasonable as she starts working towards them.
- According to teammate DiRado, Katie is fierce in the water and won’t have pity on guys, even if their male egos hurt, but she is very sweet outside the water. DiRado says,
So calm, so reserved, so humble. She’s a goofy, sweet, smart girl.”
- She does not take pressure about the Olympics and doesn’t really care if it’s the Olympics or a School competition. She gets excited about all of the.
- She gives guys a run for their swim. Ryan Lochte agrees with this as he said,
She swims like a guy. Her stroke, her mentality: She’s so strong in the water. I’ve never seen a female swimmer like that. She gets faster every time she gets in, and her times are becoming good for a guy. She’s beating me now, and I’m, like, ‘What is going on?”
- At Tokyo Olympics 2020, she lost to Australia’s Ariarne Titmus in 400m freestyle. Although it was the second-fastest time she swam, she had to settle for Silver.